Ho Hum Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've never been a fan of recent Huffys; to me there's nothing inspiring about them, but used ones are cheap! I bought a complete one a year ago and used the parts for other projects, leaving me with a frame and fork, which sat around waiting to be motorized and sold. When I read about the upcoming build off, I remembered the frame and fork, thinking I just might use them in the event. Well, one thing led to another, I got sucked in, jumped the gun, and before I knew it, I had a complete bike finished.

Seven-speed Shimano internal hub wheelset, cool handlebars and stem, my favorite aftermarket chainwheel and a few other niceties. Sprayed two coats of black primer and two coats of satin black. The bike surprised me; I actually like it! Now I have to find a frame for the upcoming build off.

BEFORE:
IMG_1562 (2).jpg

AFTER:
20190320_102522.jpg

I have a '53 or '57 Schwinn Spitfire that I thought I should keep in its excellent original condition. Now I think I'm going to do "our thing" to it. Some parts may have to come off the above Huffy.

Latest posts

Back