BO15 HOMEMADE SHINE has a totally different look!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda like that Tootsie Pop owl, I was wondering how many posts before we would see the bigtim slam forks. #25 the answer is 25

1589829147938.png

Yea, I know. It took a lot longer this time. But I don't know whether to be flattered or offended. Are you saying that I have a bad habit?

Please don't take offense at it. I just re-read my comment and it does sound like a S.A. Sorry, I was making a joke. The build looks great in every mode you have mocked up so far. And it feels like you are having fun too. So build on brother!

Please don't take offense at it. I just re-read my comment and it does sound like a S.A. Sorry, I was making a joke. The build looks great in every mode you have mocked up so far. And it feels like you are having fun too. So build on brother!
I totally took it as a joke. It was great! I think we know each other by now. I thought it was hilarious. I just re-read MY response. And it also could have easily been misconstrued. I use a lot of sarcasm also. Maybe I should write "sarcasm" after my "fun" comments. We're good, brother. Keep'em coming!

Somehow saw this on FB first instead of here. I LOVE it. Everything works together. It's very CLEAN. Lots of time left for another build?? I'm in the same boat. I've been working on mine for a few weeks, but it's mostly done. I had to start another one.

Somehow saw this on FB first instead of here. I LOVE it. Everything works together. It's very CLEAN. Lots of time left for another build?? I'm in the same boat. I've been working on mine for a few weeks, but it's mostly done. I had to start another one.
Thank You. I don't have the patience for much more than a 3-day build. I usually have many builds going on at once (and partial ideas for many more). Therefore, most of my builds have re-used parts that have been on many other builds.

My original plan with this '71 Huffy Dragster frame was to cut out the seat tube completely to make an Elgin Twin Bar 20" custom of some kind (mostly just to mess with Kingfish!). The proportions are almost perfect to make a 3/4 scale Twin Bar. I still might do it but it, I would have a hard time cutting up a nice original frame. Should I do it ??? Would I have to switch to class 2 ???View attachment 120120View attachment 120122View attachment 120125
I'm late to the party here. There's already a lot of twists and turns to catch up with!

Back to the blue frame, I say cut it!

As for the chrome bike, every post gets better and better. Keep'm coming!

I'm late to the party here. There's already a lot of twists and turns to catch up with!

Back to the blue frame, I say cut it!

As for the chrome bike, every post gets better and better. Keep'm coming!
I really do want to make the blue frame a 3/4-scale Elgin custom of some sort. Haven't thought of enough bizarre ideas for it yet. I need to put some serious thought to doing that. Unfortunately, it would probably render it un-rideable (in a non-weight bearing sort of way). Huffys from that era were wimpy enough with everything there. Lost count of how many of those I broke as a kid. Maybe I will post some of the unpublished ideas I had for it to motivate me (and get some feedback) to go ahead with the build. It might just show up in Class II. I'm just waiting for you to make those new fabbed-up Shelby parts available. I have the frame already.

Since I am basically finished with the Homemade Shine build (or just bored waiting for the next idea for it), I thought that I might show pictures of bikes I build after I finish the build-off bike but before the build-off ends. Basically just to fill up my space here, and so I don't become a back-page slacker (as Kingfish would say!). Here's this weeks build: Early 50's Columbia built JC Higgins. I've been wanting one of these clay, black, and white 3-tone examples for a long time so I could play around with color combinations of all the different components on the bike. Here's what I have for a first mock-up:
DSCN1181.JPG
DSCN1182.JPG
DSCN1183.JPG

Not much to my "style" except pure aesthetics. But I really appreciate the compliment! Everything has to work and flow together. Or are you just talking about my low-and-back seat position and high-and-wide handlebar fetish??? :21:
Oh, Big Tim, you definitely have a signature style! There's noooo doubt about it!:21:

Not much to my "style" except pure aesthetics. But I really appreciate the compliment! Everything has to work and flow together. Or are you just talking about my low-and-back seat position and high-and-wide handlebar fetish??? :21:
Shoot, there was a bike there? I was talking about that fantastic garage door!

Latest posts

Back