Honeymoon and bike finds=score!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
While on our honeymoon we went and visited my brother. His wife's father had a barn with several bikes in it. Her mother said I can have them all. They will all be here eventually. My brother will load them up and bring them up to me for the cost of fuel. Several gems in the bunch. I managed to pickup 2 to bring back. I always have my bike rack stowed in the trunk.;)
FEM11.jpg

FEM12.jpg

FEM13.jpg

FEM14.jpg

FEM10.jpg

These two are the ones I brought back. Interesting chrome Murray loaded with Schwinn parts. I have no idea what those long "AS" springer came off of. The girls bike I believe to be a Murray Meteor. I'm sure it had a tank, but not a tank with a light as there are rivits where the head badge goes. I am on the lookout for a tank.
DSCN2153.jpg

DSCN2156.jpg

DSCN2160.jpg

DSCN2163.jpg

I was able to find a tank and truss rod for the girls bike. The tank was for a boys bike though. I drilled out the tank rivet trimmed the tab on both sides flipped the tab and VIOLA, it now fits the girls frame.
DSCN2168.jpg

DSCN2167.jpg

DSCN2169.jpg

Latest posts

Back