Hood/fender Ornament Fitting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know I know., like my fourth post today...but while I have you guys here ;)

Has anyone tried out any lengthy hood ornaments on Fenders of Bicycles for that dash of cool?
I like the longer Buick ones that kind of curve off the front of the hood.,I was thinking of this one for the rear fender, above the license and mud flap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-Vintag...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35dde3a936&vxp=mtr

[Man its gonna take some time to save for...:39:]

I think for some of them, the bend is a little too drastic but Im sure there are a few that'd work pretty darn evenly, has anyone tried a few I can rule out or rule in?

Last edited:
IMG_2231_zpsd199cc83.jpg

IMG_2232_zps0866b8a8.jpg

IMG_2233_zps01d88fdf.jpg

Thank you, Great examples!
Like the Airplane front wingbar style one. Thats excellent., and from what I've seen not obscene to afford.~:113:

I have no pics but been working with an Indian front fender light. Fits reasonably well and is LED as well. Makes for a nice fender ornament and light to boot. You can catch them for less than $50 on e-bay from time to time.

To me the key is putting something on that looks like it may have come on the bike. If I put something on my fender, I will grind it to the radius of the fender. Not too goofy looking. Size is important too. There are several size car parts that I think would work. Just smaller ones in my mind. and adjust them so that they blend well to the fender

Same here I just finished a Monark Silver King Rocket, keepin all in original condition added a light at the base of the forks. Fender had the holes for a light but I made my own fender ornament. will post pics ASAP. Had the ornament CAD drawn up at office and I might do a small production run if price is right. Let the pic decide if there is any intrest.

Nicely Machined! Great shape and contour.

Do you think if given the time., you could replicate an existing Ornament? [The Western Flyer Aviator for example?]

There is ONE on EBAY..10+ bids up and over 30 bucks now..

Just search "Western Flyer" and it'll be in the first page or two.

Latest posts

Back