Hot Fun in the Summertime

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay..Last minute I decided I want to enter the bike build. I know its late but hopefully I will have enough time to finish it. Like last years Bohemian Rhapsody, this year I also chose the theme name based on a song. This bike was given to me. It is a rusty crusty eyesore but it was free and if anything else it had a really cool chainguard. The front wheel was junk but I have enough parts to put a rideable bike together I think. I had some cool orange tires that I thought I was going to use on last years build but didnt. They are what inspired my build. They remind me of a summer sunset on the east coast. I'm going for a crunchy granola beach cruiser look :)

What I am starting with...
h81xJHL.jpg

7MbrJXm.jpg

Ted6Z9M.jpg

kgGtQty.jpg

9GpSMzK.jpg

As you can see I have alot of leftover paint and parts to choose from...All I bought so far was tubes. Hoping to do this with as little money as possible.

Good point
But if you go with laces,might try to find something in bright green. Don't know why but for some reason bright orange and green seem to fit together.

This is what i have done since last night...
I sanded the frame ..but didnt do an all out job of it. I hate taking apart and sanding ...besides, I like most of my bikes to have that crusty aged look so you can tell at a glance that its old. This is why I am a big fan of that Hammered look spraypaint.
I painted the frame a satin Ivory
HG10Xi5.jpg

Same with fork but used a touch of flat aqua with satin clearcoat
AcF66Uv.jpg

old truss rods off of a bike someone rescued from going to the dump...
enX4FPT.jpg

here they are painted a metallic bronze
5vwME4y.jpg

handlebars that I might use...or maybe not...
uJY5ljI.jpg

Glad to see you back in the fun!!!!
Nothing like some Sly and the Family Stone to get a build going right.
Your builds are always fun to follow too.
Found this Sly gem on youtube. I never knew someone could have a funky violin solo.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Glad to see you back in the fun!!!!
Nothing like some Sly and the Family Stone to get a build going right.
Your builds are always fun to follow too.
Found this Sly gem on youtube. I never knew someone could have a funky violin solo.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Gotta love Soul Train :cool2:

So I didnt do a whole lot today. I am trying to decide if I want ape hangers or not and do I want to buy a new seat or just recover an old one with something funky? And the chain guard isnt quite what I wanted so I taped it off and spray painted around the edges...
jMzHTut.jpg

and the rack...
nQstdPC.jpg

Also just for fun, there is a four leaf clover in both of these pictures. If you are the first one to find them both I will vote for your bike :happy:.

PM sent on 4 Leaf Clovers :banana:

If only I can make up my mind about what colors I want to use. Already painted the rims 3 times cause I keep changing my mind. Once again this is not coming out how I envisioned it but it never does. I will be just as surprised as anyone else how it turns out :)

Latest posts

Back