Hotrod Chopper's ( Redo: chain tensioner )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one day looking at my sons bike one morning ,saw that the chain was leaving marks on the rear brake arm,desided to redo it.
before pic:
100_0671.jpg

also it just didnt look right .so here i cut off the mount,and clean it up.
100_0697.jpg

now rewelded the mount on the lower tube
100_0698.jpg

repainted,put skateboard wheel back on,chain in place, done
100_0699.jpg

looks better ,i think, but what do you guys think?
100_0700.jpg

100_0701.jpg

Now i told him to get riding it ,it's collecting to much dust.

Fireproof said:
A "factory" recall on a full-custom chopper . . . I love it!
Again Metalman, NICE JOB! 8)
Fireproof you made my day ,that's was hilarious,you gave a could laugh and i need that ,so thank you.I change for to reasons one when he said it was to hard to pedal and the chain hitting the brake arm ,so now everything works great he said ,it's all my fault for not double checking and putting it all together first before paint,but now i know to never make that mistake again ,i guess we all learn something now and then ,now it's time to start another build for me.thank for your comment fireproof :D

metalman72 said:
. . . it's all my fault for not double checking and putting it all together first before paint,but now i know to never make that mistake again ,i guess we all learn something now and then ,now it's time to start another build for me.

If I remember correctly, you were working under some pretty tight time constraints (and in the bathroom, right? :shock: ). Given the conditions, I probably would not have been able to pull it off. I tip my hat to you! This bike is loaded with ideas and inspiration for anyone building a chopper. BTW, is the red one in the background going to get the “treatment” also?

Fireproof said:
metalman72 said:
. . . it's all my fault for not double checking and putting it all together first before paint,but now i know to never make that mistake again ,i guess we all learn something now and then ,now it's time to start another build for me.

If I remember correctly, you were working under some pretty tight time constraints (and in the bathroom, right? :shock: ). Given the conditions, I probably would not have been able to pull it off. I tip my hat to you! This bike is loaded with ideas and inspiration for anyone building a chopper. BTW, is the red one in the background going to get the “treatment” also?
Thank you again FireProof,yeah i was under alot of pressure to get the done,now as for the red one ,the answer is yes ,different frame design that i'am still working on,it will be another chopper,my son ask me today if i can build some fender for the rear ,he wants them to wrap around to the ground so i'am goping to build a mold like Galtbacken did on his bikes ,one that will fit that fat tire and see how it will do ,i also thought about taking twostock OCC rear fenders weld them together and make the mold out of that ,just a thought.

looks better! i like how easy it was to touch up the paint. flat black. *tssssssssss* done! "wow dad! looks awesome!" "thanks son.."

stretch said:
looks better! i like how easy it was to touch up the paint. flat black. *tssssssssss* done! "wow dad! looks awesome!" "thanks son.."
Flat Black is so nice to touch up,the best Flat Black i found is at Lowe's Valspar brand it also doesnt scratch when washing or wiping it down,so far .i like better than Krylon,but i also used a expoy primer on the frame ,thanks for the comments Stretch.

Latest posts

Back