How great is (was) the buildoff? :-D

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 8 DISCUSSION' started by LukeTheJoker, Aug 1, 2013.

1. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

I just wanted to put this here to express my appreciation for Steve (RatRod) and the guys who help put this build-off and the whole site together, I cant think of anything else that can bring together over 200 different guys and girls from all over the world, at no cost, for some good clean fun and good natured competition! :D

I am sure others will join me in saying a big THANK YOU!

Luke.

2. Absolutely awe inspiring builds this year and so much raw talent being displayed it's hard to keep up with it all. This year has had the first ever anything goes build category as well and I must say that was genius in itself. I will say a HUGE thank you to Steve and all others involved in making the build off a reality and also a BIG thanks to anyone who graciously donated the build off prizes. and thanks to all who participated and shared your ideas and inspiration with us. And even a thanks to those who just sat on the sidelines and cheered us on.

3. jats

jats

the first 2 plus thank you for providing an event that my wife and I can both be part of that is so much fun!!!

Jats

4. Chips_Mahoy

Chips_Mahoy

I've only been on here a couple years but it always gets better and better!

5. Funkme

Funkme

I agree yet another wonderful build off...It has been a whole lotta head scratchin fun...Not to mention meeting other wonderful bike junkies...Thanku Rat rod bikes,and members...You are all such a inspiration!!! :D

6. Laurie Thom

Laurie Thom

My first build and I am HOOKED. I have had so much fun. I love all the support I received as a "noob". We took the bikes up to the market today and was so surprised at the number of people who wanted to talk about the bikes. My favorite was a 3 year old in her daddy's arms who insisted on coming over to touch my bike. The local grocery shop owner (an experienced road racer) just could not get over the fact I was riding a one speed with a coaster brake. I have learned so much and love that my mechanical skills are improving.

Is there a support thread for the Post Build Blues?

What a fantastic and wonderful event!!!

Laurie

7. noodlenoggin

noodlenoggin

I said this in the discussion thread but I'll say it again. This was my first build-off and it was awesome and addictive. I'm glad that I fell into a project bike right at the beginning of the build-off, and I want to thank everyone who offered suggestions on our build -- we ended up with a better bike for it. The experience was amazing, and doubly so because I got to do it with my son. :D

8. The build off gets better and better every year, I was really happy I was able to finish a bike this year so happy in fact I pulled my finished bike out of the build off and built another one!

9. MplsCoaster

MplsCoaster

I can't agree more and Thanks Steve!,
    It's definitely one of the highlights of my year :D

10. tvc15

tvc15

+1

11. Funkme

Funkme

Cool another female junkie in the mix... :D
    When people see my bikes,they ask 'Where are the brakes'?...

12. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

So looking forward to next year! Thinking I might be building a workshop so I can work indoors for it, just too cold here this time of year!

Luke.