How Much Do You Ride?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't always keep track of my miles but for the second year I joined the National Bike Challenge so I've been keeping track since April. Just checked and it says I've ridden 1,195 miles since April. I don't have any kind of routine. I ride a variety of bikes but I'm guessing most miles are put on this one with a 2spd kickback.
P1020894.JPG

^^^not much? That's 1,300 miles a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ride around 60-80 miles a week, I should be doing more because I'm young.

Monday through friday I ride 6 miles round trip to the beach with a surfboard, then after, another 6 mile round trip to college.

On weekends I ride a lot less, due to riding different bikes. I avoid riding conversation starters when I actually need to get to school or a good swell.

I average 60-70 miles a week. I usually do 8 miles a day with my dog, get one or two longer rides by myself on weekends and a couple of short errand trips to the store.

I've been building these things. Now I have to ride 'em too!? The factory I was employed at just shut down. Before that I was averaging 25-30 miles a week. Now it's at least 10 miles a day until I find a job. I'm hoping to find a job in town so I can ride to work instead of driving.

I mainly ride on weekends - too far of a commute to ride to work - 30 miles one way - and I'm old , LOL

has quality over quantity beed over looked in our supposedly mellow bike world,i have emphasema so my riding doesnt entail 45 miles a day,but when i do ride i try to enjoy the ride,i guess if i wanted to be like lance armsrong i would frequent a road bike site,i was under the impression that this site and a similar one were about building and cruisuing bikes,i would like to think the main obfective here is on creativity,it would be nice if ppl would think about the others on here who can no londer ride 50 miles aday,imho to much is on how far you canride vs what are you building

I am lucky if I rode 45 miles total in the last 2 years since I joined...

My health is my restriction too, but I have no problem with reading about how many miles others do, in fact I like to see how the amount of miles people do effects the type of builds they make... ;)

Luke.

I'm a former 3,500+ miles per year rider. But since getting married two years ago, I'm lucky if I can do 1,500. In my racing days, the late 80s, early 90s, I rode 5,000 per year.

I'm amazed at the miles some of you guys put on cruisers. Brag worthy indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i ride my a bike for miles at a time just don't know how many miles it is , i just like to ride my bike , no mater how far it is , if i need to get there
most of my riding are short rides around town !

How do you track this? I don't have a cell phone as they don't work in many of the areas I hunt or drive in so they would do me no good for some of the potential emergencies I could find myself in. Is there a GPS way to track your biking distance?
Those are my stats from the National Bike Challenge. I don't always track my miles but for the last 2 years I've participated in this challenge from April to September so I have during that period.
Anyway, only one of my bikes has an odometer and it's one I ride the least. So most of the miles I figured out by retracing my route once I got home on Goggle map Maker. It's a pain to do. Once I've got the miles figured out I put it into the National Bike Challenge website and it comes up with those other stats.
I could and have used my phone for tracking miles but I don't like to run the battery down should I need to use the phone. Garmin makes a GPS unit for bikes that I've thought about getting.

Latest posts

Back