Howdy from UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schwinn forum - I got a bit carried away - told me it’s a Pacific 2000’a Heavy Duti/y would like to confirm and narrow that down. The frame feels like granite strong, at least with the double cross bar, not smashed it downhill, yet.

The front brake is not compulsory although a recent law suit in bike vs ped suggests otherwise, was me holding my snuggle blanket, don’t want to quite commit to London rush hour traffic with only the pedal back :-D

Yeah loving that run away train of a motorised bike with no back up. Wahhhhhh

Not quite settled on the ride, need a layback seat post to get me pedal forward and more room. Also what sprockets are common front and rear, seems like I’m spinning..

Those frames are great for all around biking (in my humble opinion).
Pacific bought Schwinn out of bankruptcy in 2001, so.....legally it’s a Schwinn

Built mine up with a ‘laidback’ road cycle seatpost to get a little pedal forward position.

22d90061e72fdc143ab9f52b9d7d8b5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those frames are great for all around biking (in my humble opinion).
Pacific bought Schwinn out of bankruptcy in 2001, so.....legally it’s a Schwinn

Built mine up with a ‘laidback’ road cycle seatpost to get a little pedal forward position.

22d90061e72fdc143ab9f52b9d7d8b5b.jpg

Yes that is some honey of a bike right there, the layback seat post is in my wish list. Any tips on size of tube?

Had a little ride around today https://imgur.com/gallery/KMM5ZRq

Do I need to start a thread for sturmey archer advice? Would like to fit a 3 speed coaster hub but am told I must open rear lugs/risk popping the frame welds.

A standard SA hub will easily fit. I’m running 2.4” tires also with plenty of room. Got a set of 57mm rims that I gonna to run a SRAM Automatrix on it next....after I strip the red paint off and have my LBS lace it up.

I think the seatpost is a 25.4mm, but not 100% certain.
A cheap eBay digital caliper is priceless tool, I use mine constantly to get measurements.

Latest posts

Back