~Huff In Paint~ '55 Huffy Customliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been busy lately so this project has sat on the sidelines, today I had some time.
I stripped down an old Persons saddle, wire brushed and primered the top pan and cleaned and cleared the black/rusty bottom.
20180323_200331.jpg
Tomorrow I should get them back together with some fresh upholstery on top.
I got the wheels trued and tires mounted.
20180323_194503.jpg
Then my ADD and my 7 year old sons took over and we ended up working on a knife.
20180323_194448.jpg
After that the day was pretty much shot, maybe tomorrow l'll work more on the bike, or the knife or both or something completely random and different. I think I'm pretty much to the assembly part, just a few more things left to do. Hopefully I'll finish on time.

I got the chainguard in order today, I hit the outer side with a flap wheel on an angle grinder and got it as shiny as possible while still keeping a horizontal sweep pattern.
20180324_200349.jpg
On the inside I left the original red paint, on the reverse I left enough paint to keep it ratty (just for @OddJob).
20180324_200320.jpg
20180324_211754.jpg
I did 4 coats of gloss clear over it all, it should add a cool contrast with the satin black paint.
I found my material for recovering the seat, I figured Mexican blanket just fit the build. I still need to find where I put my foam the last time we moved, but aside from that the seat is coming along.
20180324_220226.jpg

Dig the 'Texas red dirt' tires and the blanket seat cover. And leaving the original paint 'under the hood'.... ;)

All of that is gonna look great together. I need to get another set of red brick bricks. Great looking tires.

Nicely done.
Such a clean and cool build!
Nice details!

Latest posts

Back