Huffy Muscle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't know much about these but thought I better snatch them up.

I don't have the heart to part stuff out but if somebody is into these and NEEDS them, I'm not too attached.

the one on the left looks like a sears screamer gremlin, im not 100% on that though

Georgeediii said:
I don't know much about these but thought I better snatch them up.

I don't have the heart to part stuff out but if somebody is into these and NEEDS them, I'm not too attached.

Great finds! What's the condition of the white letter tires? They could be worth what you paid.

Like Highwheeler I think that's a Gremlin on the left. On the right I can't read the the sticker or headbadge. But that's essentially a "Rail" frame. It's the single speed version unless you see a hole on the right side of that rear axle for a possible 3 speed?

Good finds. If you are flipping them, and aren't crazy on the price, I think you could move them quick. I'd post them on the MuscleBikeAmerica forum to get expert analysis on what they are. And higher resolution pictures would help identify.

http://musclebikeforums.yuku.com/

The one on the right is "badged" (stickered) Holiday with another on the downtube that says Holiday by Huffy.

The bike on the left has a Sears headbadge and I can't make out the chain guard.

Indeed...it should have a control console shifter...

CRASH is correct, a visit to http://www.wishbookweb.com confirms that bike was a 1971 Spyder 3, and would have had a Huffy Control Console shifter.

Also, it looks like the sissy bar might have been added later, the picture in the Sears catalog shows a low loop sissy bar.

Nice finds! Those Holiday badged Huffys are great!

From Rob's wishbook... '70 Sears catalog...

1970%20Sears%20Wish%20Book%20406.jpg

HuffyMuscle004_zps0e8a2970.jpg

Wish Book Web is kind of cool isn't it?

Great resource for bike dating for some Sears and JC Penney bikes.

The Gremlin is sold and the Holiday is pending!

Latest posts

Back