Huffy radio bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody remember the huffy radio bike? it had a radio inside the tank and a battery pack for it on the luggage rack...heres a pic...
huffy20radio20bike20as202.jpg
i had the idea to find an old portable radio (like a transistor radio) and find a way to mount it on the bike that way you can have sorta the same thing as a huffy radio bike but not as good looking lol...but still functional...heres a pic of a typical radio that could be used...
radio_Grundig_210_Concert_Boy_ferns.jpg
it helps to have the carry strap on top to make it easier to mount...i made a diagram to show how it could be mounted...
side20view.jpg
and i think it really would work! please reply if you think its a good idea and also if you have any other ideas of your own...all ideas are welcome!!! i'd really like to do this because i believe that it would be cool to listen to some vintage tunes while cruising on your favorite rat bicycle...thanks! -teetsboy95

there are ordinance around these parts,
if your radio can be heard 50 ft. away;
you get a citation. :!:
i use to put my big radio like you shown.
on the rear carrier w/a bungee cord.
thats kinda rat. :arrow:

i didnt know about the law...but if you have one small enought like the one on ebay dr. t. posted...it shouldnt be too loud...just enough for you to hear...oh and i would kill to see the radio bike you seen xc204!!!

Cool idea! I've got a trailer that I pull around so I just throw a boom box in there or strap on my MP3 player.

MP3 speakers- $10
batteries- $2.59
Velcro straps- $3
IMG_5814.jpg

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

being able to dig Charlie Parker or Carl Perkins on my daily commute - PRICELESS! 8)

I got mine at the short version of Richard's Sporting Goods. I've seen similar speakers almost everywhere. The case is soft enough to be slit with a razor. That's how I added the straps. They are plenty loud enough to hear even with a helmet in traffic.
ps sorry bout the unique spelling, the regular spelling got censored. :oops:

haha thanks :) i have never seen a front fender skirt before this bike...but it would be killer on a rat project added with a front luggage rack lol....it would just tie itself together and still be functional haha

Would have kept my newspaper bag out of the spokes a few years ago......

Latest posts

Back