I found a Chinese Cycle Truck bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I bought this still strapped to a pallet .This was shipped from China to The USA , I don't think they where sold here ? The Tubes where red in color & had valves that where very odd. The Tire size is 24x 1.75 HE I'm hoping the HE has nothing to do with size . The front tire has a standard tube I tried a 24 x 1.75 on one side & a 24 x 2.125 on the other side. I made it work but may change it back to a 24x1.75 depending how it keeps on the bike.I don't want to keep messing with the factory tires unless necessary in the event they are special? Plus they are tough to remove. I wanted to try bigger tubes for bigger loads . I didn't have a pair of 24 2.125 tires kicking around. I'm not certain if they will fit the crazy wheels? I did try a US made 24x1.75 old nos tire. But it seemed a tiny bit small that may have been shrinkage from age though ? The wheels have very very thick spokes . I was able to ride the bike tonight .If any one has any info on the tire size on this ,Please Chime in . I tried my thick bricks I cant use them unless I modify the fenders darn.
13620771_825443397590421_1148029425233193446_n.jpg

13631383_825443467590414_1753598985053999301_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cool
Whenever I read a post here about a builder who is so concerned about a pinhole in the frame, or putting a bolt in a tube, {it might weaken it, ya know?}......
:happy:
I then look at these pics from, usually Asian countries, like that water bottle transporter, also India where the trike is used a lot for transportation and trade.... or some dude hauling like 100 bales of hay....PLUS, all of his family and relatives....
Ride it till she snaps, boyeeee!
:grin:

Stepside box very cool! weird front brake. Hows it geared? Usually see those bikes hauling huge loads...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/bricoleurbanism/sets/72157617860997830/
Single speed I wish it had more but gear ratio feels good for riding . I just took it down the street the front brake is incomplete good luck finding the pad set up for this thing. I had to replace a crank pin.( It was sloppy & incorrectly installed.) I was very lucky to have a spare one .The more I look at the parts & the way it was assembled .With No tire wear at all .This thing had never been ridden until last night. .

Been to China a few times, they'll load these bikes up exactly like the pics above show. Seen some with engine conversions hanging off the back (3-5 hp gas engines) driving these trikes.

Good ride, youll just have to get creative for parts.

Latest posts

Back