I just got a bike to rat rod.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time i was here i think I was talking about a ratrod speedster using an 80s or 70s beach cruiser. But today was a wonderful day; i just came across a schwinn henderson. This one is a keeper. Hopefully i an finish it before the beatersville car show. Ill post pictures of it asap.

Philphine said:
what's the beatersville car show?
Its a one day car car show at the Phoenix Hill Tavern here in louisville ky. Its a show for rat rodded cars and bikes. I just got some pedals and tires. This thing is gonna be a budget build. Im going to post pictures after i get it fixed up. I think its a 30s model.

Motorcycles. There are bicycles and yhere may be a class for them. The first time I went I met Jesse Combs who used to host xtreme 4x4. She was just hanging out and her cousin whom trucks i think built project hotrod truck for had it in the show.
IMG_20120515_162144.jpg

They started using that guard in 42, and the rack looks late 40's-early 50's, fender braces are postwar. I don't think they still used the Henderson name in the 50's though, so that probably narrows it down to 43-49. You could pull the crank and look if you really want to find out. Either way it's an awesome find. Very ratty, and anytime you have an old Schwinn at the right price you can't go wrong.

Latest posts

Back