I wish I had a bike like this.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
63cm singlespeed.
20210118_104111.jpg

Nice.
That is a sweet looking bike and looks nicely proportioned for being so tall.
I like those bars too.
The Schwinn frame is good idea, but I would not be able to reach the pedals. Lol.
Ive started stripping the the paint of of my “Dawes “ and I’ll probably be building something of a similar style with it.
maybe we could start an old-school path racer style build off.

Last edited:
Nice.
I like those bars too.
The Schwinn frame is good idea, but I would not be able to reach the pedals. Lol.
Ive started stripping the the paint of of my “Dawes “ and I’ll probably be building something of a similar style with it.
I did work on a bike for myself that was a really tall frame and it was a pathracer looking bike and I really liked that bike but I had to take it apart and use the parts for other things because it had a very rare proprietary seat post and I did order one on eBay but it never came.

Nice.
I like those bars too.
The Schwinn that I was looking at is this same frame but it's black and in better condition. It is also I think a newer model.
20210118_180306.jpg

I got this one for free last year and I was going to build it up but the thing is Schwinn bikes like that use a proprietary fork and headset and the original fork was in really bad condition and I could not find a fork that would fit this bike.

The Schwinn has 1 piece cranks though and a lot of times cottered cranks really make these bikes look vintage. Here is one that does have 1 piece cranks.
20210118_184638.jpg

A similar bike to what I was thinking about getting.
DSC01989.JPG

Have you tired mixing headset parts? EG, use cups that fit the frame, loose balls (or caged bearings that fit the cups) and then the crown race, adjustable race and nut that fit the fork you want to use.

Have you tired mixing headset parts? EG, use cups that fit the frame, loose balls (or caged bearings that fit the cups) and then the crown race, adjustable race and nut that fit the fork you want to use.
The Schwinn headset cups are a larger diameter and I can't really find any as the shops usually throw the whole old Schwinn in the garbage instead of picking off the parts.

Nice.
I like those bars too.
I think that this bike had a bit larger size wheels than most older road bikes.

Latest posts

Back