Icecycle 30s Hercules

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my entry
It's been a while since I entered one of these things and I have mostly been working with 28inch 700c size bikes lately .
I got this bike from the son of the original owner It came with fenders and a large iron paperboy delivery basket on the front .
Color was Burgundy but has faded to a brown colour I could give it a wild paint job but I kinda like the pinstripes and patina .
Chrome cleaned up very nice and bike is in great mechanical shape as it was stored indoors .
I don't have a before picture something my wife always tells me to take .
This is how it sits right now sort of a path racer bars are just flipped up instead of down .
I'm not going to change to much on this but I think some of you will dig it when it's done .
I almost entered this in the clunker build off I will post a picture of how it was laid out for that
Build thread will be very short sorry just isn't going to take long to complete will have at least one good build tip though.

IMG_7564.jpeg

IMG_7715.jpeg

IMG_7716.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7562.jpeg
    IMG_7562.jpeg
    915 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
judging by the tittle am i right to guess this will have studded tires ?:39:
Flat track ice racer ?
i :heart:Love these frames

+1 ^ on the ice racer! I could see some mustache bars, or a shallow drop bar on here wrapped in old school leather....

Some very good guess work on the tires they will be 700x50 Schwalbe studded tires .
I really like this frame as well and out of every bike I have done this would be the best candidate for powder coat
but I can't destroy those pinstripes .

Heres a shot of my 47 CCM this is the stuff I am doing these days .
This is a great riding bike .
Not My Best photo

IMG_0599.jpeg

Last edited:
This is what it looked like when I was going to enter it in the off road build off
finished bike will look like this but will have different seat and tires .
Pictures coming soon
IMG_7450.jpeg

Last edited:
Some very good guess work on the tires they will be 700x50 Schwalbe studded tires .
I really like this frame as well and out of every bike I have done this would be the best candidate for powder coat
but I can't destroy those pinstripes .

Heres a shot of my 47 CCM this is the stuff I am doing these days .
This is a great riding bike .
Not My Best photo

Image_zpsn8uui8zt.jpg

Wow, very classy bike. Theres a tweed ride with your name on it

That's a nice real Hercules! The first I've seen that didn't have a hole in the fork crown for a brake. Must have come new as a one speed. Looks like vintage rims in great shape too!

I got this bike from the son of the original owner it was always stored indoors and had a large iron newspaper rack and fenders on it when I bought it.
Wheels are in awesome condition but had to replace the rear hub internals with nos parts so stops like new .

IMG_7778.jpeg

Moose bars from the great white north
700x50 studded Schwalbes big tires big bike.
Now also sporting rat traps
Pretty tight in the front
Heres my tip for widening forks at the crown
I took a 5 pound sledge hammer that is kind of wedge shaped and with 1 shot pounded it in there .
I know you're all cringing but it didn't even scratch the paint and widened the forks just right .
IMG_7778.jpeg
IMG_7781.jpeg

Last edited:
I think bullmoose bars look cool, but I don't find them comfortable. Maybe if you stand on the pedals a lot or have long arms they suit you? Maybe a couple of pics of your bike with the mustache bars mounted would decide it?

Im thinking moustache bars as well, the bullmoose bars are cool but dont seem to fit the build IMO

Latest posts

Back