if i had a wreck with my build off bike do i have to tap out?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well it has been a rough month for the heartland cruisers stable frst my beloved 1968 huffy camaro was involved ina wreck and totalled out and now my build off bike beastern had a wreck
when i state wreck i do not mean it's totalled what happened is i was riding and when i went to turn into a parking lot i hit a curb and pretty much tacoed the rear wheel.
so with that being said seeing as my bike is in the finished thread does this mean i have to tap out?
it did technically ride when finished and i could get it running again.
just want to be upfront and honest and make sure im not violating any rules.
for what it's worth i will be posting a pic of the damage and can document the repair as well as a few changes i want to make
seeing as the back wheel is roached i may add a better wheel set which would involve me modifying the front hub to fit beasterns front forks.
is this going to be ok?
i should have it fixed and riding before the deadline.
i am going to remove it from the finished thread nonetheless because technically it is not finished
i await your decision
thank you
sean

If you finished it and had it in the finished thread you're good. Damage after that, is after that.

You can pull the finished thread if you want, but as long as you finish it again before deadline and it's rideable you're still good.

I see no reason to withdraw.

Sucks about the Camaro, that's your favorite ride. But at least you survived.

thanks guys i got it fixed i used the roller wheel i had which ironically looks better now i have to rebuild the hub on the front wheel ad modify it to fit the bikes original front forks worse case scenario the front wheel is fine but the bike would look better with a matching set

If you finished it and had it in the finished thread you're good. Damage after that, is after that.

You can pull the finished thread if you want, but as long as you finish it again before deadline and it's rideable you're still good.

I see no reason to withdraw.

Sucks about the Camaro, that's your favorite ride. But at least you survived.
yeah that bike was awesome but now i got reaper and that is my new favorite the camaro is now been parted out and i may build the frame up eventually but no real pans for this is my new ride now bar and wheels are from my camaro
DSCF1359.JPG

I'm right there with @RustySprockets. The "Finished Bike" picture is a fixed point in time. Anything done to the bike after the picture was taken, good or bad, doesn't count unless you take a new picture. As long as the new picture is before the deadline, you should be all good. But that's just my take. I'm not a rule maker...o_O

Carl.

Latest posts

Back