I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this frame and fork on the side of the road. Gave it some paint and slapped on parts I had on hand.
DAEF3AEA-7332-4904-A462-30EFFB593D26.jpeg

Sold it and used the money to get this-
6597DC9D-65B0-4749-A1ED-86AA9F9C88D0.jpeg

‘87 Schwinn. I know they’re giant made, but I’ve been looking for a pink one for a bit now. All original except the seat

Found this diamondback sand streak for cheap. I just listed my blue frame set for sale, but for the price I had to get this one. A lot of unoriginal stuff going on here, but the American to square taper bb made the buy worthwhile. 90s double walled arayas are pretty cool too.
935F4C0C-A5E2-42AD-B0C4-846D0B2514CD.jpeg

Oh, and I found the Sugino crown stem in the same sellers parts bin, so got that too.

Edit- here’s a pic after a quick rebuild..
943BA817-FCD5-4D18-943B-3F5E44804FA3.jpeg

Last edited:
Found this diamondback sand streak for cheap. I just listed my blue frame set for sale, but for the price I had to get this one. A lot of unoriginal stuff going on here, but the American to square taper bb made the buy worthwhile. 90s double walled arayas are pretty cool too.
View attachment 77496
Oh, and I found the Sugino crown stem in the same sellers parts bin, so got that too.
Awesome color too!

Welcome to the Laguna club!

What was the story behind it?
Thank you. Happy to join!

I was talkin to a buddy about how I wanted to sell off a lot of my bikes I don't use or ride much anymore, and use the funds to hunt down a Laguna, S&S, Bassett, or something on that level. He said he knew of a Laguna complete that might be for sale. The next day I got pics and contact info. The same day, the seller listed in on CL, so I knew I had to act fast. The seller was a really cool guy and we worked out a good deal and pulled the trigger. The OG seat clamp and bars are what pushed it. Those clamps are ridiculous to find in the wild.
So, I did my plan in reverse order, but I'm stoked to finally have one.

I'm jealous of the king size Schwinn and the Coppertone and the 62 Twinbar. That twinbar frame also was used on the Skipper and the Flying Star in 61, earlier in 61 and in 60 it had separate bars from the seat stays. But was one year only on Typhoon in 62. Skipper and everything else was then cantilever.

1961-schwinn-skiper.jpg

1962-typhoon.jpg

I'm jealous of the king size Schwinn and the Coppertone and the 62 Twinbar. That twinbar frame also was used on the Skipper and the Flying Star in 61, earlier in 61 and in 60 it had separate bars from the seat stays. But was one year only on Typhoon in 62. Skipper and everything else was then cantilever.

1961-schwinn-skiper.jpg

1962-typhoon.jpg

One of my favorite styled Schwinn frames! I have a '61 Flying star where the double bars are not continuous. If I remember correctly, the continuous double straight bars actually fist appeared in late '61 with a two tone paint job. Forget what they where badged as though. But Typhoons in red and black for the '62 year.

Latest posts

Back