I'll just keep adding here...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Haven’t picked up any complete Bikes in a few weeks. Found two this weekend.

Ladies 60s Hawthorne-
A6CD6476-7DDD-4120-9905-2134FC01E4A6.jpeg

And a late 80s early 90s Huffy good vibrations-
9E8138DB-2F92-4D35-9E8A-A4E2F9A31658.jpeg

They’ll both be flipped. But I’m going to grab some bits first. I got the Hawthorne for the fenders, and the Huffy for the og snake belly tires. Possibly the shimano tourney derailleur.

Bonus pic of the view while I typed this-
6F157721-3F10-4D3B-B3AF-1C50C623BC4D.jpeg

Last edited:
Grabbed this 80s Schwinn voyageur today.
1A8B0C0F-E8A9-4A15-9B22-537A6EB3A025.jpeg

Pretty awesome 4130 chrome frame and fork.
But I really got it for the crank and pedals-
E7CABF49-2CD1-4170-B12E-6CE9FC43FCAA.jpeg

Super maxy crank with some kkt pedals.
Bonus, sunshine front hub.
I’ll be taking what I want from it and turning the rest loose. Tempting to keep tho, and it’s my size.. we’ll see

Grabbed this 80s Schwinn voyageur today.
View attachment 68671
Pretty awesome 4130 chrome frame and fork.
But I really got it for the crank and pedals-
View attachment 68672
Super maxy crank with some kkt pedals.
Bonus, sunshine front hub.
I’ll be taking what I want from it and turning the rest loose. Tempting to keep tho, and it’s my size.. we’ll see

Sold before Christmas one like yours for more than 300$. Was all original, a little nicer than yours.
Yours should be a'81 maybe. I see the Shimano Altus rear derailleur and shifter. The Super Maxyz there too.
I don't remember what breaks and wheels should have.
Nice find, you should keep it.

Last edited:
Sold before Christmas one like yours for more than 300$. Was all original, a little nicer than yours.
Yours should be a'81 maybe. I see the Shimano Altus rear derailleur and shifter. The Super Maxyz there too.
I don't remember what breaks and wheels should have.
Nice find, you should keep it.
I sold the frame, fork, headset, seatpost, and bb.
The brake were Dia Compe. The wheels were mis matched. Fromt was araya to a sunshine hub, not sure on the rear but a Normandy hub. I still have the wheels and shifters/brakes.

Was a really nice bike. Lots of potential. But, I’m good on road bikes right now. I scored a Nishiki and cannondale I didn’t add in here that are really nice too. Already sold the Nishiki. Deciding what to do with the cannondale

Thanks guys. I'm hoping I do the Kona justice. I've got most of the parts I want for how I want to build it. But I know it will be one I'll keep upgrading/ adding too for a bit.
I intend on keeping it mostly late 90s bits.

Back