Introduction. Uhm....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, hello. Lots of nice and/or funny bikes here, so I'll try to post pictures of mine.
Living in Amsterdam, where there are more rats & bicycles than humans, it's easy to collect parts and put them together to get a bike. So last year I bought my first (sort of) new bike. And started changing it. All others were birthday presents (I was young once), leftovers, or constructed from leftover bits and pieces.

DSCN0341_1.jpg

DSCN0337_1.jpg

DSCN0106_1.jpg

DSCN0366.jpg

vervoer.jpg

Hope I did it correctly and there are some pictures to be seen....
If so, the first is my daily transport, the second my Sundays bike, the third was built last year for a friend in France, the fourth I bought for my sister, the fifth is my fathers foldable thingy on the back of his tractor.
Hm. In the preview I see questionmarks, so I think I'll have to try it again sometime later.

NICE BIKES! I especially like the one on the train tracks. Over here we put asphalt on or rail trails. :lol:

Welcome to the forum...I fixed your pics. :D

When you are in Photobucket, click once in the last form field under your thumbnail image...the one labeled "IMG Code".

It will auto copy the code. Just paste that into your message here and it will show up.

Very cool bikes! I really like that violet shaft driven number...man it looks nice.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
RatRod: thanks for fixing the photo's, found it, hope next time I can do it myself.
The Rail-Tandem-Sidecar is fun: Two people in the sidecar and one on the rearseat, lazily pedalling.

DSCN0082_1.jpg

I had to have the first shaft driven bicycle I ever saw, even if it was violet. There was paint on it, so I left it that way.
It is a good concept, but not so well put together. I had to take it apart a dozen times to put the correct shims under the gears, and make special parts to keep the rear axle from turning. It runs smoothly now, and I have a lot of fun asking people if I should get a chainguard for it. (Huh? O!)
The first owner put the fenders, lights and rims on it, and a 3 speed drumbrake rearhub, which had to go because of the cables, so I bought a two speed kickback Torpede (Sachs) hub. Used an aluminium front hub, '70s German 'sport' handlebars and a cheap but good looking seat.

DSCN0338_1.jpg

But I like the Gazelle with sidecar the most because it's fun to ride. And not so easy the first time...

DSCN0304_1.jpg

Wow. Very cool, very good. You are a craftsman...
Welcome...

Latest posts

Back