Island Queen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to mention I've been rebuilding coaster brakes from various manufacturers since I was a kid and it still takes me several tries to get one back together properly. I don't do it very often so I forget all the nuances of reassembly and have to relearn them all over again just to forget it several years down the road. I rebuilt a Shimano coaster and a redline Bendix hub a couple of years ago and would have to make all the same mistakes putting them together if I again rebuilt them today.

I have her lights here we should put them on this summer.
You ask her. She's very determined not to change anything about the bike. I mentioned to her that the whitewalls were crumbling and she'd need to update the tires because I've still never seen another pair of tires like hers. I suggested cream Franks, and she got angry.
"No. I don't like white tires. They look dirty. I don't want to change them until I absolutely NEED to."
She spent nothing on the bike, and wants to keep it that way. The only customization was the bag on the bar, and blue KMC chain which slipped by her, told her I ordered the colored one by accident. She's opposed to any changes. She had a basket on the front for a while, and it destroyed the headbadge and fender, so she's wary...

You ask her. She's very determined not to change anything about the bike. I mentioned to her that the whitewalls were crumbling and she'd need to update the tires because I've still never seen another pair of tires like hers. I suggested cream Franks, and she got angry.
"No. I don't like white tires. They look dirty. I don't want to change them until I absolutely NEED to."
She spent nothing on the bike, and wants to keep it that way. The only customization was the bag on the bar, and blue KMC chain which slipped by her, told her I ordered the colored one by accident. She's opposed to any changes. She had a basket on the front for a while, and it destroyed the headbadge and fender, so she's wary...
Lol but she did mention lights before or she was humouring us

Latest posts

Back