It was free

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I had been driving by this dudes house for a few months on my way to and from work. I spied through his fence he had a few bikes behind his shed. I finally caught the guy home so I stopped. He mostly had newer bikes but this oldie caught my eye and I asked if he would part with it and how much he wanted for it. He said I could have it. I'm not gonna argue over FREE!
It's a Sears Roebuck and Co., Free Spirit, 26" wheels with a Shimano coaster break. I'm guessing 78. Stamped on head tube Model# 502 473830 and serial# B1787039.
20160318_184926.jpeg

That's a perfect find.
Free-cycling is the best. You can mod it. or clean it up and sell it on C-list. Most bikes I flip on Clist I found for free.
But , I've been 'stalking' too....haaa...finally stopped at this scrappers on the next street because I kept noticing this old Huffy mtb in his side yard sunk into the dirt. "Take it"...he said.
Plus he threw in a kids bmx...which I cleaned and flipped.|
Chopping it into an oldie 30s looking single speed bike now.
Franco
huffy-buil-0.jpg

Cool find, excellent price.
The drop outs are pointy, I thought Murray dropped that style que in the early 70's?

Well I've been wrong before, why would today be any different.

Nice to see a actually FRESH FIND posted !!

~ Rafael ~

Latest posts

Back