BO15 ITZARAT - 1928 Schwinn Motorbike (WALK-AROUND + RIDE VIDEO!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff, beautifully matching chain.
Thanks @karl !!

This is the bike as I bought it last Fall:
It did come with the chain but not shown...

9E1BA241-5489-4BD1-A6A4-AF42AAD8EAD0.jpeg

Finally found a mount for the carbide lamp, it is an old Raleigh mount with the perfect tongue width for the slot in the lamp. I just need to chop it and add some clearance notches and I will bolt it down with the large acorn nuts on top of the truss rods. Just need to make the bend a little sharper so the light is aiming in the right direction.

Was thinking I needed to make something from scratch but this one will work with a slight modification.

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

These things are out there too
Goes on your front fork leg have seen them on old English bikes on the chain stays for
giant tail lights as well.
I think this one may have been replated looks like nickel.
Looks like your light also sticks out enough to clear the stem which is sometimes a problem with the
Raleigh ( English style) mounts.

IMG_8921.jpeg

Last edited:
These things are out there too
Goes on your front fork leg have seen them on old English bikes on the chain stays for
giant tail lights as well.
I think this one may have been replated looks like nickel.
Looks like your light also sticks out enough to clear the stem which is sometimes a problem with the
Raleigh ( English style) mounts.

View attachment 131464.
Yes, that one is cool. I had been looking for one of those for months but nothing. I have seen them mounted low on the fork leg too. Nice piece!

Killer tank!!!
You need to forget about using the Boxcars now and just send the shifter to me.

Killer tank!!!
You need to forget about using the Boxcars now and just send the shifter to me.
Thanks @kingfish254, I like it too. Tell you what, if I can't find a place for it, it's yours, but I'm gonna try!

The steel tank is taking shape! Started raw steel, then powder coated for good protection and to match the wheels and the CA license plate, then some faux patina... some pins coming.

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_3080.JPG

As all of us in this Build-Off 15 round the corner into the final stretch, I hand the baton off to myself and begin the final assembly phase of my first of many builds here at Rat Rod Bikes. The level of excitement for my build and everybody else's is High, and I feel the camaraderie here, even though this is a competition. This is really fun, I hope to get mine up on two wheels today, on this hot, humid day! I know some have already finished their builds, and many are nearing completion. Congrats to all involved.

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg
IMG_3151.jpg

"First of many", that's the right attitude! And for most of us here, the build off is first and foremost a fun time to build a cool bike alongside some great people. That's the real 'cake'. The frosting is having somebody else think your bike is cool, too.

Your bike is cool.

That is one beautiful exploded diagram pic!!!!
It was great having you join us this year and bring your fun to the table. It is addictive. Jake and I are finishing our 10th in a row, and it is still just as fun.

Stacking the deck with that Steve VanDemon pinstriping! My buddy sent me a photo this morning and said “I wonder if this guy is in the same competition as you?”
Looking good, man. Definitely one of my favorites.

Right on, I just met Steve VanDemon at a buddy's hot rod shop a few months ago, where Steve has an office. We talked about many cool things, he is one of the best in the custom painting/restoration business - and I am humbled to have him touch this bike with his talented hands. I was also very humbled to meet him at the "Museum" where he works a few days a week. Impressive body of work.

Long Beach is right down the road from HB, I'll bring this bike to a future @cyclonecoasters monthly ride.

Here is a peek at what Steve laid down...

IMG_3155.jpg

"First of many", that's the right attitude! And for most of us here, the build off is first and foremost a fun time to build a cool bike alongside some great people. That's the real 'cake'. The frosting is having somebody else think your bike is cool, too.

Your bike is cool.

Yes! I am 100% sure this will be the first of many, and am already kicking around ideas for RRBO16. I do thank you for the kind words!
Mike

That is one beautiful exploded diagram pic!!!!
It was great having you join us this year and bring your fun to the table. It is addictive. Jake and I are finishing our 10th in a row, and it is still just as fun.

Thanks Kingfish! Tomorrow I will do a time-lapse of the assembly for fun, and will post it soon after. It was and IS great to be here, to share ideas and be inspired by newbies and veterans like Jake and yourself, and so many others. I am addicted, and can already see the dilemma in the future of having to purge some of these bikes someday, they are easy to get attached to, and as many of us here already have a collection of bikes that take up a bit of space.

I may reach out to some of you for counseling/advise when the time comes. Ouch.

First time with the wheels on it... Spreading those no-slots-in-the-front-forks was a beeeeaaatch. Thought I was going to snap one leg right off. Done. Never coming off.

IMG_3157.jpg

Beautiful! Love the pictures you post here.

And the carbide lamp... its from Birmingham... you did not steal it from the Peaky Blinders did ya? :bigboss:
7a5d9605b7a320d5f92962a54dda5901.jpg

:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back