*I've Got My Spine, I've Got My Orange Crush* (Done!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *I've Got My Orange Crush* (BIG TANK REVEAL!! July 19)

I saw that coming way back, but it doesn't make it any less cool to finally see!!!!!
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

Chips_Mahoy said:
Your next build has to be a Grape Nehi !! :D

I think next year I'll build a RC Moon Pie bike!

Thanks so much for all your kind words gentlemen. It has been fun to see something that I thought might be cool, turn out ok in reality. If I'm not careful I will end up with a fleet of drink themed bikes. I have a bit of an unhealthy relationship with Dr. Pepper. :)

p00r0ldlu said:
Thanks so much for all your kind words gentlemen. It has been fun to see something that I thought might be cool, turn out ok in reality. If I'm not careful I will end up with a fleet of drink themed bikes. I have a bit of an unhealthy relationship with Dr. Pepper. :)
Sweet idea!! Me too! Dr. Pepper and Captain Morgan! Peace

that is SO clever. Is there a clever award? this would get it hands down.

Now thats a Yummy tank! :D and a dang good looking ride!!

Sweetness on many levels :wink:

I just realized that I will be out of town all next week, so I have to finish up early. I managed to get a little more work done tonight (after a few hours of cleaning out the garage).

I had spent quite a bit of time on the chainguard, but alas there are beaucoup de clearance issues. (rubs in too many places). I may try and work this out, but I also like the look of the full pear shaped ring, and may run it like that.

IMG_1483.jpg

For the valve stem caps, I came across these tiny glass bottles.

IMG_1455.jpg

I proceeded to drill the bottoms out with a diamond tipped bit.

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

They seemed to fit rather nice.

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

But I could not leave them alone.

I painted them brown.

IMG_1478.jpg

Put an Orange Crush decal on them and glued in an actual cap so they will seat properly.

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

Got the seat Weld-Bonded on and hope to take her out for a cruise tomorrow. Any last touches have to happen soon...have a couple photo shoot places scouted out already.

IMG_1484.jpg

Re: *I've Got My Orange Crush* (Finishing Touches-Nearly Done)

My wife likes your bike!
Keep it coming!

Re: *I've Got My Orange Crush* (Finishing Touches-Nearly Done)

Your crush turned fabulous, I love all the little details!! Especially the tank!!! Hats off sir!!! 8)

This bike put a smile on my face,so well presented right down to those lil valve caps, and the color co-ordination is brilliant!!! Well done... :D

Congrats on finishing! :wink: Looks great 8) Can't believe it's the same bike :shock:

Latest posts

Back