Iverson Dragstripper. The Patriot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG
Im starting with this Iverson Dragstripper a friend found for me. The front end is shot and removed and the rear if the frame has been cut several inches. I have a build theme in mind as a Bicentennial Themed Dragster. Ive test fit a few pieces at various times to see if it will work and it will. The frame will be powder coated white. I still need a few pieces and need to work out some details

IMG_0945.JPG

This was a test fit of the springer, handlebars and wheels a few weeks ago to see if it would sit level and it does. Going with a 20 rear and 16 front but different wheels. Trying to make a deal for a 3 speed bike so I can get a stickshift on it. Many other small details to work out yet too.

Looks good John. I like your theme and parts add-ons. Unique frame to start with as well.
And of course, you'll have it done by July 4th....:grin:

Looks good John. I like your theme and parts add-ons. Unique frame to start with as well.
And of course, you'll have it done by July 4th....:grin:
Absolutely Sir, The Hollister Independence Rally is a big thing in my little town.

IMG_0862.JPG
That's a good bike, unusual, to use for the build off.

What holds the sissybar in the frame?
Im sorry I didnt answer that right. There are holes in the tube that the sissy bar goes into. Im thinking i will cut the sissy bar and when I figure out the right height, I will drill holes in the sissy bar. Then run a piece of all thread all the way across. Im searching for the right drawer pull knobs to finish the side pieces. Also going to pay a visit to the local Harley shop to look through their universal fit parts.

The exhaust is a Monza tailpipe. I will drill and tap the frame to hold it on. Im also trying to find tail lights to go inside the twin pipes. Would be an awesome effect

Ya Never Know

Last edited:
My kind of bike. It already has attitude!

View attachment 50209
Im sorry I didnt answer that right. There are holes in the tube that the sissy bar goes into. Im thinking i will cut the sissy bar and when I figure out the right height, I will drill holes in the sissy bar. Then run a piece of all thread all the way across. Im searching for the right drawer pull knobs to finish the side pieces. Also going to pay a visit to the local Harley shop to look through their universal fit parts.

The exhaust is a Monza tailpipe. I will drill and tap the frame to hold it on. Im also trying to find tail lights to go inside the twin pipes. Would be an awesome effect

Ya Never Know

Those pipes :43::thumbsup:

Those pipes :43::thumbsup:
I actually have two of them so in case I mess one up in my experimenting, I have a back up. Yesterday I went to watsonville cyclery because they carry a lot of lowrider bike parts. I was hoping to find some trick taillights to go inside the pipes but had no luck. He recomended a truck stop over in Gilroy that has a lit if trick parts for big rigs. So hopefully I can get there over the next week

I also have a trade deal lined up for saturday to get a nice girls bike with a 3 speed and some other good useable parts. If I can get the 3 speed wheel to fit and have a brake that works with it, then I will be adding a stickshift. Its a dragster and it needs a stickshift. I already have one picked out if it does work

Still shopping around at the thrift stores for the right wheels I need for my wheelie bar idea. Going to use some L shaped shelving parts and basically erecttor set it together. It will not be used to ride a wheelie, it will be low to prevent wheelies like a dragster would have

I am pushing to get it all done before July 1st so I can ride it in the Hollister Independence Rally

I was able to get the three speed but the hub is a little too far gone for this build. Some peoples interpretation of excellent condition is different than mine. It will clean up easy. Really? The chrome is peeling off the hub. So kinda bummed. I went pretty far out to get it and was getting rid of stuff id never use anyways. Plus there was some railroad stuff involved, my other hobby, so I went for it anyways. I got a girls columbia banana seat bike with a three speed. I figure I can use the parts for a rat rod build at some point. This build is going to be getting a powdercoating and Im putting lots of nice parts on it so rust is not acceptable.

I did get rid of the last two larger bikes I no longer wanted so all my vintage bike stuff is muscle bike related, either 20 or 24 inch. Im up to about 20 I think

I have a Sturmey 3spd if you want one, have a few... pay shipping and its yours! Preferred spoke count and time period?

keep the rubber side down!

I have a Sturmey 3spd if you want one, have a few... pay shipping and its yours! Preferred spoke count and time period?

Thanks for the offer but Im not at the point of lacing wheels and getting them to come out right just yet. If I could find a nice complete wheel it would be ideal. My top bar needs something. I was thinking stick shift but might have to go a different route

All the complete wheels I have are 26x1-3/8 from old Raleighs, dont have any 20" 3spd unfortunately. :(

All the complete wheels I have are 26x1-3/8 from old Raleighs, dont have any 20" 3spd unfortunately. :(

No worries, I have a plan B and it might look even better. Im playing with a lot of ideas for this project

Latest posts

Back