Iverson Dragstripper. The Patriot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried two more shops today and no luck with a sissy bar for the wheelie bar. Not gonna sweat it, i have plenty of time. Since all my other parts are not here yet, it looks like this build will be on hold until after my vacation. If I see any shops in Seattle you can bet I will be paying them a visit

Today was like Christmas the Raleigh Redline tires, tubes, front and rear disc wheel covers, sissy bar for this build and another, rear fender, chainguard, and drag stripper decals all came today along with box bars for my bx, and some waffle grips
IMG_1283.JPG

I tried two more shops today and no luck with a sissy bar for the wheelie bar. Not gonna sweat it, i have plenty of time. Since all my other parts are not here yet, it looks like this build will be on hold until after my vacation. If I see any shops in Seattle you can bet I will be paying them a visit
What kind of sissy bar do you need. Axle mount style? Let me dig around. If I have one it's yours for the cost of shipping.

What kind of sissy bar do you need. Axle mount style? Let me dig around. If I have one it's yours for the cost of shipping.
I have 7 and they all have rust. I want to keep the angle supports low so they dont interfere with or take anything away from the tailpipes. I want the pipes to be out there all alone

I'll take a look. I had about 50 extra sissybars. I'm sure there's something out in the shed you can use. I'll measure em and send pics of the nicest one I can find.

Tons of attitude on this one already.
Those exhaust are epic!
I also really like the wheelie bar!
Great build!

IMG_0008.JPG

Why is there a picture of a train here?

Because this is the locomotive that was pulled out of a park in 1974 and returned to service to pull the American Freedom Train around the country for the Bicentennial. It was painted red white and blue for that journey and later returned to its original colors for the Southern Pacific as seen here. Today was the first time Ive ever seen it in person

Im home from vacation with a few parts for other builds. I will go to SF this weekend and pick up all the parts there but wont have time to work on this until next tuesday. Im hoping to do a full mock up and test ride it next week. Then get it apart for powdercoating and get er done. I checked a few shops on vacation. No luck with sissy bars or lights to fit in the tail pipes. Not too worried. I will finish the wheelie bar in time. If I dont find tail lights I will go without for the build. Some day something will come along

IMG_1461.JPG

A little off subject but wanted to tinker today. All the parts I need for the Iverson are 80 miles away. So I put this 78 Stingray together today so I can get rid of more excess stuff. Its as original as I can make it with what I have. At some point I will repack the rear hub and lube the chain.

Im in San Francisco with all the parts and cant wait to get them on for a mock up. At the same time, my other half and I have been discussing my hobbies. I have the green light to build my train layout but some bikes need to go to make room and help fund construction. I need to unload at least 10 bikes to start. Dont worry the patriot isnt one of them. Im keeping the best 20. If anyone is local to the bay area and wants to meet up that would be awesome. Shipping is too expensive for what they are

Unloading a couple stingrays and frames, huffy thinder road, huffy thinder trail, sears spyders, little devil etc. pm me if interested. I have an ad on bay area cl too with pics

You might be able to pull it off with a red white and blue paint job to match the seat... But...

Carl.

I kind like the tank fills the space of the single top tube but still allows you to see it's a single. The chain guard is killer, I think is a cool little bike . Stick with a red white & blue color scheme. Like the evil Kenevil banana seat . If the tank was painted similar it would look as it was meant to be .
At the end of the day it's your bike so do why ya like [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I kind like the tank fills the space of the single top tube but still allows you to see it's a single. The chain guard is killer, I think is a cool little bike . Stick with a red white & blue color scheme. Like the evil Kenevil banana seat . If the tank was painted similar it would look as it was meant to be .
At the end of the day it's your bike so do why ya like [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be white with some dual flags decals on it. The round 13 star on one side and old glory on the other. And its not that little. Its 7 feet ling

Latest posts

Back