Janes Addiction Ride June 24 -25th. Time. 2 o'clock. Meeting place 3 Post Office square. Kennebunk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6-more days - and the boom-box w/CD's are ready!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:Line dance practice...

Please, bring any type of dance CD's you may have - everybody; this'll improve the mix. :)

Hi everyone, Instead of pming you all (I can't send a group message on here for more than 5 people at a time). So as you all know, this rides base camp is my house. I have posted a public meeting place in case someone new wants to join the ride.I set the time at 2 because Valerie cant get here till then. Everyone else is welcome to come early in fact its encouraged because I could use some help with things. In the past we have gone to Federal Jacks after the ride to have dinner. This year, after the ride, I am hosting dinner at my place out on the deck. Its going to be a Taco bar party. I am however, asking that people contribute $10 if possible to cover the cost of food. Having said that, the first stop on the ride will be over to Sebago Brewing Co. for a late lunch before we head down to the beaches. That way the people who have a long drive up here won't be starving. Looks like a good turnout,12 so far. The weather is looking good, with a forecast sunny in the 80's. I'm thinking hose fight or maybe Super soakers.... :nod: Bring a change of dry clothes and a swimsuit/ shorts. See ya all on saturday!!!!!!

Well, it’s a good thing I checked the boom-box’s CD player, it hasn’t been used in years and now it won’t play a CD :confused: (it goes through the motions but doesn’t do anything). So, if someone has a boom-box with a working CD player, please bring it. I’ll still bring a stack of CD’s to play.

Sneak preview
20170622_073030.jpg

Good looking patio,Jane. Dibs on a red chair. ZL ,I know waltz music can be
danced to but Stev K ain't playin it. Too much imagery in Bowie vid,"My brain hurts a lot"
I could swing my arms forward and back to the music so it could qualify,hmmm ?
Great plans ,Jane. :cool2: Stevil

Last edited:
Well it's almost here folks! Tomorrow will be the fourth annual Janes Addiction ride. Yes, 4!!! Hard to believe isn't it? Slow down life, you're going too fast! We have a great group of people showing up this year and a new guy, JML who was on the Simsbury and Noho ride. Its going to be a full hous
20170623_094629.jpg
e. I've been frantically trying to get everything done, my boss was nice enough to give me today off so I'm doing all the food prep and last minute cleaning. I even touched up the paint on the floor in the back hall and cleaned the baseboards. Crazy. This just arrived on my doorstep...Party tent!!!!
20170623_090828.jpg
going to try and find time tonight to set it up. Its a pop up so should be easy to do but I might ask one of you to put it up for me tomorrow if I don't get to it. Incidentally. .any one who snores (Doug) will be sleeping out here :grin:. Also..does anyone have a splitting maul, axe, wedge to split these logs for the fire pit? They're too big to burn effectively and I need to get rid of them.
20170623_094629.jpg
20170623_094606.jpg
Well everyone have a safe trip up here. Text me your ETA on your way up. Cant wait to have you all here!!!

Hey, I've got a splitting maul and wedge I'll bring. Looking through the old Metal CDs for some dance songs! MOSH PIT!!!!!
Great, Thank you!!! You're going to split it too right? Cause I'm not doing that. :13:

3 amigos coming up outta CT first thing in the morning,in your house by 12 we hope.
J shots and axes ,metal dance . If you
don't have fun,it's your own fault...Stevil

IMG_20170623_220900.jpg
3 amigos coming up outta CT first thing in the morning,in your house by 12 we hope.
J shots and axes ,metal dance . If you
don't have fun,it's your own fault...Stevil
Not only that but Ive been making this pineapple infused rum. :crazy:

This ride was a blast! We rode through the jungles of Kennebunk in order to get to the beach. We froze our ankles off in the waters of the North Atlantic; except for Brian, Jane and Jerry, the 3-resident Polar Bears that went for a swim – how they could handle it, I have no idea!

There was some drama too (how could there not be) when Kim’s chain on her beautiful Schwinn Fairlady broke on the return trip. Knowing that there was a damsel in distress – out comes the hero to her rescue – Brian! With Kim holding on to his right shoulder, he literally towed her back to home base at Jane’s house!

The nightlife was fun: music, good food (thank you, Jane), dancing, micro-brew beer, mosquitoes, bad jokes and great friends and conversation – life is good with no reason to whine!!!

Will post pics soon…peace

Latest posts

Back