Janes Addiction: Scenic Kennebunk Maine ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay all you NERRBS...saying that a Maine seacoast ride would be cool. I know most of you that I have ridden with are 3 hours away but I figure that I drive 3 hours to see and ride with you guys (guilt trip :)) So you should come here and ride. The southern Maine seacoast is absolutely beautiful! The Eastern trail is amazing. Flat and through glorious shaded forests. The Bridle path that goes through the woods and leads to scenic views along the salt marsh and eventually to the beaches of Kennebunkport are gorgeous and easy to ride. Ask Joel, he will tell you its amazing. Plenty of places to stop and get beer and a lobster roll whatever. or even just the local pub down the street from where I live. I would like to do it on a Saturday but that's open to change. But for those of you who don't want to drive 3 hours here and back in the same day are more than welcome to stay at my house, providing that I know you or are friends with a NERRB that I know. ( plenty of room) Bring a significant other if you want and plan to have an awesome time. Kennebunk is beautiful . You must not miss this opportunity :) Even if only one or two or three people show up I will be glad to ride with you and show you the sights. I have vriends up here that would ride with us too that don't have the opportunity that I do to come to Mass or Conneticut. Lets start a conversation as to what weekend would be good. I'm free all weekends of August. I don't think Memorial Day would be a great choice as it will be horrible traffic all weekend.

Okay all you NERRBS...saying that a Maine seacoast ride would be cool. I know most of you that I have ridden with are 3 hours away but I figure that I drive 3 hours to see and ride with you guys (guilt trip :)) So you should come here and ride. The southern Maine seacoast is absolutely beautiful! The Eastern trail is amazing. Flat and through glorious shaded forests. The Bridle path that goes through the woods and leads to scenic views along the salt marsh and eventually to the beaches of Kennebunkport are gorgeous and easy to ride. Ask Joel, he will tell you its amazing. Plenty of places to stop and get beer and a lobster roll whatever. or even just the local pub down the street from where I live. I would like to do it on a Saturday but that's open to change. But for those of you who don't want to drive 3 hours here and back in the same day are more than welcome to stay at my house, providing that I know you or are friends with a NERRB that I know. ( plenty of room) Bring a significant other if you want and plan to have an awesome time. Kennebunk is beautiful . You must not miss this opportunity :) Even if only one or two or three people show up I will be glad to ride with you and show you the sights. I have vriends up here that would ride with us too that don't have the opportunity that I do to come to Mass or Conneticut. Lets start a conversation as to what weekend would be good. I'm free all weekends of August. I don't think Memorial Day would be a great choice as it will be horrible traffic all weekend.
I meant to say Labor Day weekend Duh!!!!

I’m in provided the date is right – that is to say, August is going to be a busy month with travel and business dates in the Mid-West and New York City.

This is a great idea for a ride and I support it; Maine is a beautiful state and with some of the best seafood I’ve ever eaten!

I’m in provided the date is right – that is to say, August is going to be a busy month with travel and business dates in the Mid-West and New York City.

This is a great idea for a ride and I support it; Maine is a beautiful state and with some of the best seafood I’ve ever eaten!

Okay, I don't have plans all month( at least any that I remember) So we have the weekend of August 2,9,16,or the 23rd. Like I said Labor Day weekend is the 30th and I wouldn't recommend it as you guys would be stuck in traffic for a long long time. If you guys are riding that really Loooooooooong ride at the end of July you might need some recovering time :) So any of those dates work for me. Input please?

Ah , Jane lives ! You're a brave girl. Lookin forward to your ride
as long as it's the 2nd or the 16th and ,yea,would be lookin to
stay over for a Sunday breakfast and ride.Yea...:crazy:...Stevil

Ah , Jane lives ! You're a brave girl. Lookin forward to your ride
as long as it's the 2nd or the 16th and ,yea,would be lookin to
stay over for a Sunday breakfast and ride.Yea...:crazy:...Stevil
Either of those days/ weekends work for me!! Like I said, I am open to all August weekends until the 30th which happens to be labor day weekend and traffic in and out of southern maine will suck! . Besides that is my birthday and I am going wilderness camping up near Rangeley that weekend. So why don't we start with August 2nd or August 16th and see what date works for everyone? As I am open to the entire weekend and the ride will start pretty much in my backyard we can even make this a two part ride if anyone wants to come up Friday eve and ride Saturday or come up Saturday and leave Sunday. We can do this in two parts if not all of you can be here on the same day. I am available all weekend. I am one of those lucky people that has weekends off.

Sounds like fun :) .good for both weekend and should I bring camping gear ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I have two two man tents and two sleeping bags so You are welcome to use those if you don't feel like packing that stuff.

Count us in, been waiting for this ride to happen. We just got back from a week of fun in the northern woods of Maine.

Okay you guys, Since Stevil threw out a couple dates that he can come Im going to narrow it down working with those two dates. I got some friends here that wanna ride and Kim wants to come but is only available the weekend of the 16th,my other friends can do it either weekend.Because I love Kim Who doesn't? She is awesome, I vote for the weekend of August 16th. Saturday, Sunday one or the other or both.

the 16th is the wives Family reunion, usually not a big deal but after she lost 4 family members this year it goes to show how short life really is and you never know when may be the last time you see someone. I'll be watching this thread to see what happens.

If I can make this ride, it'll be a day trip; Kennebunkport is only about a three-hour ride on Rt25.

Looking forward! :)

Looks like I can make this one.

I just need to repair cupcake before then...
Thanks Dan for taking her for me. Just didn't have the energy that night to deal with it. You're not obligated to fix her you can bring her back broken and crippled.....like me :blackeye:

http://www.mainetrailfinder.com/trails/trail/eastern-trail-kennebunk-to-Biddeford
Heres a link to the Eastern Trail. The wooded path goes from Kennebunk to Biddeford. 6 miles easy riding. At the Biddeford point it ends but continues on a busy road and 5 point intersection which I wouldn't recommend riding on. But trying to find a shortcut around that to a local pub in Biddeford. Otherwise we can ride the 6 miles up and back to Kennebunk and go to the pub there. Either way its a beautiful thing.

http://www.10best.com/destinations/maine/portland/kennebunk/attractions/kennebunk-bridle-path/
Another path nearby is this one. beautiful views of the salt marsh at the end we go up a short steep hill that leads to Mothers Beach and along the coastline of Kennebunkport past two other beaches . This is advertised as a mountain bike trail but I have ridden with friends no problem on many of my one speeds. Pretty flat but an occasional small tree root. Like I said, I have never had a problem on this trail. Just not sure about a lowrider bike. Its well worth it though. views are gorgeous. Oh and plenty of geocashing around here if anyones into that.

Those are some outstanding trail rides there in Maine – a great way to spend the day indeed! :)

the 16th is the wives Family reunion, usually not a big deal but after she lost 4 family members this year it goes to show how short life really is and you never know when may be the last time you see someone. I'll be watching this thread to see what happens.
If the reunions not too far away perhaps come up on early Sunday morning and ride through the afternoon? From what I understand, Stevils looking to ride Sunday.

Latest posts

Back