July 1967 Schwinn Stingray Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stingray 1.JPG
DSC03653.JPG

I built this a few years ago. One of my favorite details is the very hard to find original rubber.

Just gorgeous. You're right, that fat OG rubber makes the difference!

This picture reminds me of a photo/bike that made me fall in love with Schwinns back in 2003, a gorgeous Sky Blue 65 Super Deluxe Sting-ray on a nice driveway. I still haven't come across a Super Deluxe yet to live out that dream...

Attachments

• 2021-06-17_07-25-19.png
    2021-06-17_07-25-19.png
    641.8 KB · Views: 102
Just gorgeous. You're right, that fat OG rubber makes the difference!

This picture reminds me of a photo/bike that made me fall in love with Schwinns back in 2003, a gorgeous Sky Blue 65 Super Deluxe Sting-ray on a nice driveway. I still haven't come across a Super Deluxe yet to live out that dream...
They're still out there but anybody that has one knows what they're worth, so the days of finding one at an estate sale for $20 bucks like this lucky sob are probably long gone

I missed a gorgeous original '64 Opal standard earlier this year on eBay for $1000 BIN. Bike was 3 hours away from me but worth it! It was relisted on eBay in CA just weeks later at $4000 and I think it sold.

Latest posts

Back