Junk Bros. Build - AMFer - DONE!!! July 27, 2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I have looked over most of the threads and have seen some great ideas and some really cool starting points for builds. I have some older bikes ('38-'61) but decided to build something most people would have thrown away. That's right, the dreaded AMF.

Starting point...
DSC00444_zpsbd2871af.jpg

DSC00509_zpsc023334b.jpg

The seat post was seriously stuck in the frame, but that isn't much of a problem...
DSC00510_zps89fb29db.jpg

That's about it for now, no real plan of action, just going to let it develop as I go.

Good luck, Rg

If you are one of those guys that read the last page of a book first, here is my FINISHED thread http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/amfer-junk-bros.85725/

Last edited:
You said AMF like it was a bad thing <cough>. Seriously though, I have a Skyrider that I like just fine and this frame offers all kinds of potential. Watching to see what you come up with.

I like that frame! The lines of those twin top bars are a lot like mine and now that you have removed the seatpost it is a lot like an Elgin Twin Bar.
Glad to see you in the BONINE mix!!!
Is that a 20" or 26" frame?

You said AMF like it was a bad thing <cough>. Seriously though, I have a Skyrider that I like just fine and this frame offers all kinds of potential. Watching to see what you come up with.

Oh, I like them just fine...

I started thinking about the old Proflex I had laying around. Should I use the Girvin? Nah, been done a few times, even in this build-off. So I started looking at this...
DSC00516_zpsbb4c88c6.jpg

DSC00517_zps075c8bc5.jpg

Hmmm. I don't remember anyone using this (I also don't remember what I had for lunch...)

sweet ride

That front fork and bars is brilliant!!!!!! :praise:

Latest posts

Back