Junk (picture update 5-16-11)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright so this is the first build off ive been a part of, so im excited to get things goin!

The theme for this build will be FREE. Seeing as im broke as a bad joke.. it should fit my budget.

The bike was picked from the curb last summer, had plans of cutting it up and making something, but you know how it goes!
No plan as of now.. basically goin to build this one as i go, and use anything i can find in the trash or manage to acquire for FREE.

cough parts donations welcome cough cough.

The bike (walmart huffy i think):

SANY0236.jpg

Re: Junk

This is right up my alley, I'm hoping to do my build for as close to free as possible.

Your frame looks a little longer than a Walmart, looks cool.

A little discouraged with my lack of parts!

Surfin everyone's builds, im probably the only guy with NO parts haha!

Waiting on next sunday (trash day) to come around.. so i can collect some goodies for the bike.

Cubenzo said:
Waiting on next sunday (trash day) to come around.. so i can collect some goodies for the bike.

I've got the trash schedule for the whole city pretty much figured out, so I know what nights to drive down what alleys, plus people call me when they see bikes by the road, or just bring them to me. Got 1 last night and 1 today. Both kids bikes, 1 for 1 part, the other I will put a tube in and give to a little girl that needs a 16" bike, it's really nice.

Well i decided to scrap the walmart huffy, and use this old rusty sears instead!

found a cool flashlight at the thrift shop for 25cents and trash day is tomorrow! cant wait to do some more junk hunting.

the carcass:

DSC_8063.jpg

Great plan B. How much for the huffy? $ could go toward ya bike build. Anyway good luck and have fun.

herr_rudolf said:
And you will be using the same theme? (free)

Yupp the theme of "FREE" lives on.

the only $$ ive spent so far is 25cents on a thrift store flashlight, HAD to have it. Not sure if its going to be used in this build. But ether way its a sweet flashlight haha.

trash day today! takin the hollywood for a cruise around the neighborhood to find some more JUNK!

I found some "mini" ape hanger bars in the trash yesterday! nice find imo.

threw the rims/tires off another bike on it, and a spare pedal i had laying around. AND took it for a ride up to the bar!

she rode nice, LOUD and stiff, so i lubed her up. More pictures coming tomorrow when i get around to it!

Brothers girlfriends grandma donated a bike to the cause!

i was told to come get this "POS" before it hit the curb, i gladly went over and picked it up.
its a huffy olympia, i LOVE the rear wheel cover. It's very odd, has a 26" rear, and 24" front.. and its STOCK?

SANY0251.jpg

I have a hgard time believing that would be stock, especially since it has an exercise bike handlebar on it.

Yeah i was curious about the weird bars. Ether way FREE is FREE. Ill be ripping this apart, and whatever i dont use will hit the boneyard.

:mrgreen:

i think someone just flipped the bars up so the didn't have to lean so far forward.... a lot of pple in my area do the to the bull horn handlebars....

Von Stans said:
i think someone just flipped the bars up so the didn't have to lean so far forward.... a lot of pple in my area do the to the bull horn handlebars....

Look closely at the bars, they are not drop bars.

Yeah, i did a short google search, and seems nothing on this bike from the BB up is stock. Bars, front wheel, forks.. all "aftermarket"

kind of a funny bike with the 26" rear and 24" front. ITs like a road muscle bike haha.

i ripped the fender off the sears, and put the rack back. In search of some reflectors, and ive had my eye on some skull liscence plate fasteners (that light up) @ walmart. But $3.50 would break the budget! back to the garbage pile.

things are moving slow over here. The lack of parts has put the build on hold. Ill be riding it tonight with the local bike club. So ill have some cool pictures up tonight im sure.

Call me lazy but i HATE conveting the images i take from RAW, since im using an oldschool Nikon D100 DSLR..amazing pictures.. just pure lazyness on my part.

that's a cool bike. must be a consumer tribute edition to the olympic bikes "built" by Huffy (I think they were actually build by another company)

Otto-Lauritzen%20Huffy.JPG

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that's a cool bike. must be a consumer tribute edition to the olympic bikes "built" by Huffy (I think they were actually build by another company)

Otto-Lauritzen%20Huffy.JPG

I'd trade my road bike for that one! (My Scwhinn, not my Merckx)

Latest posts

Back