Just got a new bike? Please use following code

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you guys, listen up. It's time to stop your inhumane and cruel torture of the Europeans and, to a lesser degree, of the Canadians. Whenever you guys get a new bike, please use the following code to avoid all the suffering and pain you are unknowingly inflicting on your cool-parts-and-frames-availability-chalenged coleagues:

FACT
"I just found this at the dump."
CODE
"I had to look for one of these for years!"

FACT
"I just bought this for 5 bucks."
CODE
"Man, I had to pay an arm and a leg for this."

FACT
"My mate/ neighbour/ inlaws/ postman just dropped this off at my place."
CODE
"Here's a pic I found on the net of a really cool bike."

FACT
"You're not going to believe what I just got for free..."
CODE
"I was bidding for this on eBay but it got way too expensive for me."

FACT
"So I just slapped on some parts real quick and this is how it turned out:"
CODE
"And if I had a ton of cool parts in my garage, this is a Photoshop rendition of how it would look:"

FACT
"So I looked inside the old guy's barn and..."
CODE
"I thoroughly enjoy the excitment of the European Soccer Leagues."

Please use the code. Don't be cruel. Thank you.

Hugo

Hugo, Thanks for the laugh. You must of written for the members in the Midwestern US specifically- IA, KS, MI, and IA

I havent laughed so hard since Skidking was around :lol: :lol:

I would feel alot better if we started using CODES as well Hugo :roll: :cry:

Shouldnt " I just pulled a Hooch " be code for " they paid me to take it "

how it seems sometimes anywho :)

LOL

LOL so true! That's a great comment on old bike finds.

I tried the 'garage sale' circuit this summer. When they say 'some vintage bikes' it means some CCM granny bikes from the '70s.

Nothing one can build. :cry: (and they are always ladies bikes)

I say we should get a bunch of us bike nuts here in Canada and invade the US at night to pillage some vintage cruisers from all those old barns. In and out commando style. Come on guys, let's give it to them like in 1812! :wink:

xddorox said:
I say we should get a bunch of us bike nuts here in Canada and invade the US at night to pillage some vintage cruisers from all those old barns. In and out commando style. Come on guys, let's give it to them like in 1812! :wink:

And with the Canadian dollar performing well these last few days, we can now actually afford to do this!

-Mp

xddorox said:

Break out the hockey sticks boys! Let's go get us some bikes! LOL

.... funny Hugo, even in here in the U.S. in SoCal I sometimes feel the need to suspend disbelief at the seemingly all too frequent tales of dumpster and alley "finds". The Mid-West appears to have the highest of quality dumpsters and back-alleys in the land(er bike-wise anyway). I'm not even gonna comment on the barn situation as we have none, about the closest equivalent is the rare storage unit or yard sale, and for the yard sales you need to get up before the illegals as they're exporting alot of our bikes to south of the border(luckily it's mostly Magma brand mtbs).

Latest posts

Back