Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Picked this up at a yard sale today for a buck.

I am thinking it will be a headlight on a future build.
(GAVE THIS AS A PRIZE IN BO11)

skullPhoto_C8AF742D-DCA4-CAEC-1D8C-7DB765EABEBC.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Chandelier Tube and Steering wheel

Picked up an antique chandelier tube thinking it would be a cool shifter in the future.
Picked up nice car steering wheel for $2 thinking to use it in a future build.

20110730Photo_1FD80D9C-0A0C-2ECC-7B90-0EF11DE0AA41.jpg

Got home and decided to use them both on my build off bike.

20110730Photo_E3B2BDE8-0076-C11D-5B5D-D544C7BDEF2D.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes and Build Parts

Nice yard sale morning.

Picked up this cheap Next cruiser for the 3 speed Sturmey Archer wheelset for a future stickshift bike build.
I'll slap some old wheels I have around and double my money off of the bike itself, so the three speed is gravy.

Photo-0006.jpg

Picked up a Magic 8 Ball to convert into a headlight or taillight. Also a belt that had some cool screw on stars that might make good tank or seat accents.

Photo-0008.jpg

On the chance that I ever make a Dr' Suess bike, I bought Thing 2 and Thing 1.

Photo-0009.jpg

But tops on my list of finds today was a complete new in box Home Brew kit for only $5! If you know my build off bike, then you know that this will be used well to create fuel for future builds.
SOLD
Photo-0007.jpg

Last edited:

I met a guy here in town week before last that builds VW based trikes, the one he was on had a skull headlight housing, it had a light in each eye and the skull was wearing what looked like old pilot goggles. Very cool.

yoothgeye said:
I met a guy here in town week before last that builds VW based trikes, the one he was on had a skull headlight housing, it had a light in each eye and the skull was wearing what looked like old pilot goggles. Very cool.

Very cool idea. :idea: Maybe I could do that but cut a flame ouline in the goggle glass as well.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:

Very cool idea. :idea: Maybe I could do that but cut a flame ouline in the goggle glass as well.

Mask the inside and use glass etching paint.

Well, the 5 liter keg arrived this week. I am still not exactly sure what I am going to do with it. I mocked it up on the tail of BEER RUN. I might make a little cooler out of it by cutting a lid out. I also might just save it, because it might make a cool bike tank.

KGrHqEOKo4E1ruwCdO0BNcoqLUcg_3-1.jpg

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

Potentially cool light with long braces.
I was given this free at a yard sale today. It is perfect size for headlight. I may even be able to incorporate the adjustable curved braces to follow the curve of a wheel. It also has a very nice swich.
And to top it off. it is done in a black chrome.

Photo-0013.jpg

I just finished gutting my Magic 8 Ball. Holy cow what a job! 2 hours and blue fingers later, I have an 8 ball shell to be used as a light someday.
It wasn't easy breaking everything apart on the inside of that little hole and extracting it from there.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts - Salt Flats Side Car

Picked up this Cannondale trailer for only $20. I love the wheel covers. At first I was thinking it would be good bones for a trailer, but now I am thinking maybe a Salt Flats side car.

Photo-0015.jpg

Photo-0014.jpg

Photo-0016.jpg

MY FRIEND YOU HAVE ALOT OF IDEAS SWIMMING AROUND IN THAT THINK TANK OF YOURS!! YOU COULD USE THE LIGHT ON TOP OF A CHOPPER STINGRAY WITH THOSE BARS LIKE TRUSS RODS. OR HEADLIGHT ON HANDLE BAR STEM WITH BARS GOING BACK CONNECTING TO THE SEAT POST TO FORM A TANK. KEG PLACEMENT IS PERFECT. THING 1 AND 2 IDEA (CWAZY WRATTER !!) :lol: ONLY YOU!! GET TA BUILDIN'!! PS-DON'T STEAL MY SIDECAR IDEA AARRGGHH!!! :mrgreen: PEACE B

Maybe I should get a full size keg and mount it longways, then cut out a top slice to make a keg sidecar for BEER RUN. :shock:

You got a great deal on that carrier, I love the look of it. I pulled one out of the garrbage years ago, cleaned it and put air in the tires and used it with my kids, still have it, but it's not as cool as yours... a Cannondale, wow. The wheel discs are so the kids don't get their fingers in the spokes. It's obviously missing some sort of canopy because without a windshield the kids get pelted with sand and pebbles on the road (learned that the hard way). I'm thinking about re-engineering mine to face backwards, the kids like riding in the rear facing seat in my wagon, why not on the bike trailer?

As for the keg sidecar, I've seen it done on a photo online. I don't see the same one in here, the one I saw was on an OCC Chopper bike, but this is a cool search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=bicycle+ ... CBYQ_AUoAQ

This is totally not what you expect to see on RRB, but I got this for a very good price. 2009 Dahon D7 folding bike. I should end up making about $175 profit on this like new bike.
Not much rat potential, but think of the cool stuff I can buy for $175.
(SOLD and proceeds went to part of my Electra sale purchases)

Photo-0017.jpg

175 PROFIT?!? THEY WANT 200 AT NBW. YOU LUCKY WRATTER!! PEACE

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts - Good finds today

Swapped some stuff for a friends baby blue rims from his Felt cruiser.
SOLD
IMG_2244.jpg

Nice apes and grips
Photo-0019.jpg

Great Pearsons seat
(SOLD this on RRB)
IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

Huge Trek Crusier saddle with grab rail
IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

Outdoor lantern that I may use for headlight or tailight for a Halloween monster build.
SOLD
IMG_2251.jpg

Ladies Trek Cruiser frame
IMG_2243.jpg

Plus I got a Specialized Hardrock (SOLD) that I should be able to clear $150 profit on and a Fuji wheelset, cranks, bars, etc, that I should be able to put on existing vintage frame I have and make $250 profit as a fixie or single speed.
SOLD
Photo-0018.jpg

Oh yeah, and a new in the box never used Garmin Forerunner 305 wristband (and bike mount) GPS for only..........get this......five whole bucks!!!!!!
UPDATE - Garmin sold for $130

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts - Good finds today.

I also finished this 90s Peugeot bike to sell (I only paid $2.50 for it and put $20 in tires on it)
UPDATE - SOLD for $300

IMG_2263.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts - Good finds today

kingfish254 said:
Oh yeah, and a new in the box never used Garmin Forerunner 305 wristband (and bike mount) GPS for only..........get this......five whole bucks!!!!!!

I'll give you $10 plus shipping! :D You already know where you're going anyway!

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts - Good finds today.

A couple of weeks ago I found a 2008 Trek 1.2 road bike by just asking at a yard sale if they had any bikes for sale. It was only ridden 4 times and had been closet kept so it was showroom new condition. Paid $350, put air in the tires and dusted it off, just Sold for $680.

Latest posts

Back