Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts- Roadmaster Middleweight

Picked this up for free. It is a stainless steel mount for boat running lights. The brackets for the lights are rusted, but the light cases are in great shape.
EDIT: These became the tail lights on Fugsley.
boatlights.jpg

Also picked up this AMF Roadmaster middleweight for cheap. It really in great shape, just need to service the rear hub.
The chrome on the bars fenders and rims is in excellent shape. I think I need to add some more metal to those dropouts though. :shock:

roadmaster1.jpg

roadmaster3.jpg

roadmaster2.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts - Salt Flats Side Car

kingfish254 said:
Picked up this Cannondale trailer for only $20. I love the wheel covers. At first I was thinking it would be good bones for a trailer, but now I am thinking maybe a Salt Flats side car.

Photo-0015.jpg

Ordered a set of the cycles us wheel covers for a future Bonneville Salt Flats Side Car build
http://www.choppersus.com/store/product ... %22-Black/

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts - Good finds today.

kingfish254 said:
I also finished this 90s Peugeot bike to sell (I only paid $2.50 for it and put $20 in tires on it)

IMG_2263.jpg

Just sold the $2.50 Peugeot for $300.00. SWEEETNE$$$$$$$!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That's a total of $530 for two bikes that I paid a fiver for.
Time to stop off at the beer store for some premium beer as part of my Bikes2Beer program!

Sweet bike! :D Sweet flip :mrgreen:

Thanks, I am enjoying the fruits of my labor tonight, so no bike work. Other than lining up the hunt for future rat parts and flips for tomorrow morning.

I like the Roadmaster. Those handlebars would look great flipped upside down. The fenders are kinda cool too.

HOW COME YOU KEEP GETTING BIKES (AMF) THAT I LIKE AND I CAN'T FIND SQUAT. :? I'M GOING TO NBW TONIGHT SO WISH ME LUCK. I ONLY GOT FIVE BUCKS ON ME :x FORGOT MY MAC CARD!! I'M RIDING THE BIG DADDY BIKE TODAY. KEEP FLIPPIN' AND BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Sold another bike today and made a killing at yard sales. WIl post later, but I picked up 4 bikes for $100 plus goodies, plus I bought the bow rail from a Boston Whaler for only $10 and I should be able to get between $200-$800 for it. Plus a lot more stuff.

Good luck at NBW and good luck with those two builds!!!

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts- 4 Bikes Plus for $100

Another good day for hunting and selling.
Sold another bike to bring my bike sales up to $1060 since Monday.

Here is some of what I bought with my Bike4Beers money
27.jpg

First stop this morning picked up 4 bikes plus goodies for $100. Free Spirit city bike with basket. Male and Female Murray Westpoint cruisers. Nice lugged steel Centurion Dave Scott Ironman with Biopace crank and Zeftal frame pump. New Kenda tires and Slime tubes for the Murrays and Free Spirit. Another handlebar basket, Old Italian bike helmet, old bike floor pump. All for $100. I should be able to get about $300-$400 for the Centurion.

The goodies
(Top Water Ski became the water ski rack on FUGSLEY)
(Little red seat bag had $20 in it)
44.jpg

Free Spirit
3c.jpg

Murray Westpoint Cruisers
3d.jpg

3e.jpg

Centurion IronMan
SOLD
2f.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts- Other goodies $10 total

Here are some of the other items that might find there way onto future builds.

I have plans to make a banana seat out of one of these water skis and a crazy idea that might bring the other into the salt flats sidecar build.
EDIT: One of these became the rear and front rack for Fugsley.
2e.jpg

This should make a very cool tailight if I can LED-ize it.
40.jpg

Who knows, but this torch was just too cool looking and cheap.
43.jpg

$2 for a beginners airbrush kit
(SOLD for $30)
46.jpg

The upcoming Labor Day Midnight ride in Savannah has a custome contest. Since I will be riding BEER RUN, I am thinking about attaching this to my helmet (they make you wear a helmet to participate). This beer mugh hat is green because Savannah has the 2nd largest St Pats Day parade in the US.
45.jpg

Last edited:

As I was going through a bag of Boy Scout patches I picked up to sell on ebay. I came across this patch.
I remember having this same patch on the bottom of a pair of elephant bell bottom pants.
KEEP ON TRUCKIN

Guess I need to build a cycle truck now so that I can use it.

IMG_2343.jpg

Picked up a Rhode Gear trailer hitch bike carrier for $10 and just sold it for $60.

That covers the price of the wheel covers that I bought from Cycles US so that they will be free now!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
Picked up a Rhode Gear trailer hitch bike carrier for $10 and just sold it for $60.

That covers the price of the wheel covers that I bought from Cycles US so that they will be free now!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm going to start shipping you items to sell for me, I'll include self addressed stamped envelopes for you to send the money back in. :D

Send all the parts you can my way.

But, you know, I have always heard that MONEY gets lost in the mail. 8) :lol:

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts- 2 more OCC Stingrays

Picked up two more OCC Stingrays today for $50 total (plus a 4 hour round trip drive).
68.jpg

69.jpg

Wow, you should totally fix those up, recover the seats, new paint, and totally cruise the... um... nah.

IMG_4348.jpg

Sold a Yakima trunk bike carrier that I paid $10 for $60.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - Bikes + Parts- Pipe Benders

I figured at some point I might want to bend some seatposts or handlebars or something, so I ran a WANTED ad in the tools section on CL. Here is what I got. A Harbor Freight hydraulc pipe bender along with two different size hand conduit benders. All for $40. By the way, if you haul bikes and stuff in the back of you SUV like me, then vinyl tablecloths make great drop cloths.

WP_000119.jpg

Re: Kingfish254's Finds - 8/27 - Distressed Leather + Tank

Also picked up this distressed faux leather case for a quarter. It is thick but soft. I think it will be perfect for some seat recovers.
IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back