KRAZY ORANGE DRAGSTER is now DRAGSTER RAT FREAK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dig the look~! CAn't wait to see the pedals.:21:

Or is this a 'scoot bike'?
Of course, this build is all about looking cool. But it will be ride-able (and pedal powered). I do a lot of R and D before I even put a mock-up together. I would not have progressed this far without knowing that it would be a ride-able bike. Using Schwinn 4.5" cranks will give 1/2" ground clearance at the pedals. And that's with the springer adjusted all the way down. The hardest part of this build will be figuring out how to get an OddJob Award for a shiny bike! Rats!!!

Last edited:
Love this! That fork is cool.

Group shot with Made in the Shade would be a nice contrast.

I think we'd all like to see Reallybigtim on it...:D
Hey Chad. Just realized that you were a central Ohio guy also.

I will ride it, but it will be awkward. I'm a pretty big guy. That's why I use ape hangers on almost everything I build. Now, my 11 year old son might do better on it.

I will get a picture of it with Made in the Shade. I should get a picture with it beside this bike:
psycho bike.jpg

Hey Chad. Just realized that you were a central Ohio guy also.

Yeah grew up in Fostoria. Moved to C-bus about 20 yrs ago.

Love that pic! Such a great contrast with the rusty crusty brown and the orange/white creamsicle.

That thing has a wicked rake to it with the fork struts almost parallel to the top tube.

Was checking out these bikes in your other thread. First time I had seen a lowrider bike without all the spokes and velvet. I loved the vid where they were riding around pedaling on them itty bitty cranks...:p

Is the Mag gonna clear the ground? That's a big gear for 4 inch cranks. Should look sweet tho...:thumbsup:

Yeah grew up in Fostoria. Moved to C-bus about 20 yrs ago.

Love that pic! Such a great contrast with the rusty crusty brown and the orange/white creamsicle.

That thing has a wicked rake to it with the fork struts almost parallel to the top tube.

Was checking out these bikes in your other thread. First time I had seen a lowrider bike without all the spokes and velvet. I loved the vid where they were riding around pedaling on them itty bitty cranks...:p

Is the Mag gonna clear the ground? That's a big gear for 4 inch cranks. Should look sweet tho...:thumbsup:

The big "MAG" sprocket cleared the ground but didn't clear the frame. I was not aware that the 5-speed "MAG" sprocket would not fit a repro frame. I am currently working on finding a coaster MAG sprocket, but I just used a lucky 7 sprocket in the mean time.

Last edited:
Looks like you could steer with your feet and pedal with your hands...?

Maybe flip the rear wheel and crank around and go backwards.

I have decided to switch my entry bikes. The Dragster Orange Krate is cool, but the '55 Spitfire is the right bike for a "rat rod build-off". The Dragster idea has evolved greatly throughout the build-off and I feel that there is much more that I can do with this '55. I have so many interesting ideas for this bike. Here's the latest freaky addition to it. Can anyone correctly identify the "custom" tank (year, make, model, size)?
DSCN0852.JPG
DSCN0853.JPG
DSCN0854.JPG

Last edited:
I like the rat better too! It looks like it should be dragging barb wire and a fence post along behind it. (might be a cool final picture) I've had a chrome repop springer (not bent) put together like that, that's been on my shelf for a while. I just haven't found the right frame for it yet. You got me thinking about it again.

Carl.

Both are cool, but the rat is better.
I want to see someone ride these suckers! :D

Latest posts

Back