Krossroads (cycle cross rollfast/hawthorne)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently had an Idea to do a bike in the style of a cross between a BMX and a cyclecross bike
or maybe it is more like a strandie crossed between a fixie

whichever it is the important part is I found one of the particular frames (in this case a snyder built frame with the double top tubes) that I had wanted to use for this build
It will be come clear a while later as to why this frame was needed

26628484677_401f516ff9_b.jpg

As for the other parts currently

26" bmx style fork
Fixie aluminum bars
bmx aluminum seat post
bmx 3 piece crank setup

then run either a mid bmx size bearing with adapter
or a american to euro bb adapter with a 19mm i.d bearing (for running a bmx spindle)
*the mid size bearing although not as beefy as the standard is stronger than the little bearings in the euro bb

I just have to decide if I want to go with more weight but stronger (mid bb size bearing)
or light but not as tough (euro bb)

one problem that had held me back was on this project was the fork and stem
I wanted to use a bmx or fixi style stem with the fixi bars but all the bmx stems fit 3/4" hbars
and the fixi bar has a 1" middle
the stems i wanted to use all fit 22.2 forks but all the 26" bmx forks I had can only accept 21.1
but I found a set of forks that will work with a 22.2 stem or thredless adapter (they are also 22.2)
42282781044_256fdfef6e_b.jpg

got a pair of these clamp end grips from my local co-op
(no need for any lubrication to get these on or off)
45160048102_eda7ccab7a_b.jpg
Picked up a
I put them on the bare aluminum fixi bars for now
but may switch them to black bars instead
now I just need a seat and an aluminum spider for the crank to make it into a rider
then after I put some test miles on it I can start on the bigger modifications that I have planed

Latest posts

Back