KT-2 two speed coaster brake hub

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by tiger shark, Jun 18, 2014.

1. tiger shark

tiger shark

anyone have any trouble with these? is there anyway to adjust them?

2. mornview

mornview

Sorry to hijack your thread, but could I ask where you can even get these? Prior to this thread I did not know they exist. I have a KT coaster hub that I'm using for a backup bike and I am nowhere near as disappointed in it as reviews lead me to believe I would be. I'd be interested in trying their take on a kickback hub.

3. clamdigger

clamdigger

Also sorry to hijack,but can't pass up the opportunity. RatRod has these for sale in the RRB Store

4. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

I haven't had any firsthand experience with these; apparently, the first generation had some reliability issues, and the current version is supposed to be improved, but that's just what I've read online.

And, yeah, Clamdigger offers a good lead on the complete KT 2spd wheelsets being available in the RRB store. They're priced o nice, I'm tempted to give'm a shot.

5. Bigcam59

Bigcam59

I'll be using a set of wheels with the 2 speed hub on my next build. I'll let you know how they are.

Bicycle808 likes this.
  6. mikeeebikey

mikeeebikey

These hubs are hit and miss! Ok, or miss.
    I see a few motor bikes with them, usually they are junk or soon go be, but once in a while, the coaster holds it own!
    I personally ride to hard and far to trust, KT.

7. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

I have a few KT 1speeds. They work, but the one in my Tuff II is clickety and I'm going to swap some Shimano guts in there. The other one I got laced into a 26" wheel; it's not too bad and I can't complain, but I intend to gut-swap that one too, at the first sign of trouble.