KT-2 two speed coaster brake hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hijack your thread, but could I ask where you can even get these? Prior to this thread I did not know they exist. I have a KT coaster hub that I'm using for a backup bike and I am nowhere near as disappointed in it as reviews lead me to believe I would be. I'd be interested in trying their take on a kickback hub.

I haven't had any firsthand experience with these; apparently, the first generation had some reliability issues, and the current version is supposed to be improved, but that's just what I've read online.

And, yeah, Clamdigger offers a good lead on the complete KT 2spd wheelsets being available in the RRB store. They're priced o nice, I'm tempted to give'm a shot.

I'll be using a set of wheels with the 2 speed hub on my next build. I'll let you know how they are.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but could I ask where you can even get these? Prior to this thread I did not know they exist. I have a KT coaster hub that I'm using for a backup bike and I am nowhere near as disappointed in it as reviews lead me to believe I would be. I'd be interested in trying their take on a kickback hub.
These hubs are hit and miss! Ok, or miss.
I see a few motor bikes with them, usually they are junk or soon go be, but once in a while, the coaster holds it own!
I personally ride to hard and far to trust, KT.

I have a few KT 1speeds. They work, but the one in my Tuff II is clickety and I'm going to swap some Shimano guts in there. The other one I got laced into a 26" wheel; it's not too bad and I can't complain, but I intend to gut-swap that one too, at the first sign of trouble.

Latest posts

Back