Last minute finish?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on previous Build Offs, you can expect to see about half of the entries finish on time.

I agree with only about half of them finishing. on time it happens to me al the time I get into building and deciding what I want to use and then it all changes and you have to start over again something doesn't fit something doesn't work right or someone already done it and you have to try a different approach but nonetheless I cannot wait to see what y'all bring that is half the fun seeing the amazing work you guys do.

Wait.. I haven't chosen a bike to build yet!!:crazy:

Gotta Get crackin'!!:blush:

It's not unusual at all for there to be a couple of last minute builds that don't even start until the last couple of weeks.

I'm going to use a combination of junkyard wars and Earl Scheib approach to my build. I will start and finish on the last day. It will look great from 50 feet.
my entry was entirely junk parts with a 1970 firestone warrior beginning. Built in 28 hours budget of about 35 bucks I paid for the actual bike.

my entry was entirely junk parts with a 1970 firestone warrior beginning. Built in 28 hours budget of about 35 bucks I paid for the actual bike.
I might just tape spray cans to a junk wally mart bike and shoot at em. Then put new tires on it. And tie a bunch of junk to it with zip ties or something.

I get stuck on the details when I build a bike, so it takes me forever to finish.
This is a first for me with a deadline, so I really need to hustle (maybe I shouldve started earlier??)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is the point at which I start prioritizing what's left unfinished and deciding what to leave off until after the deadline.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on some critical parts (like tires) to arrive. :eek:

Just waiting to do some detail photos, otherwise done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weather has not been cooperating with my need to paint so that's been driving my production down. Hopefully I can get most of it done by tomorrow and start assembling. I'm really hoping to have it ridable by Saturday for a bike party. I had wanted to building a wooden box for the back but time isn't going to allow for that. Down the road sometime I guess.

Mine is finished, I'm going to the KKOA Led Sled show this weekend I'll take pics there.
There ought to be some cool backdrops there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back