Last Shot....With Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last try at my copy. Muhahah!
lastshot004.jpg

Re: Last Shot

Gonna be slow going for a while....got a dentist appointment tomorrow to have a tooth pulled...uck! :cry: :cry: Probably wont feel like tube bending for a day or so.

My root canal was last week Get the cap next week. Fun stuff. That only seriously hurt for three days. Then Its an implant....may have to get a jobEEEKKK!!!!!

Uncle Stretch said:
My root canal was last week Get the cap next week. Fun stuff. That only seriously hurt for three days. Then Its an implant....may have to get a jobEEEKKK!!!!!
I had to get a job once to pay for some implants...But my ex-wife took em when se left :lol: Ba Dump Bump
They were nice too look at while they were around though :oops:

Yeah I used my roller bender and still had to three piece it to get the shape I wanted. Its been a struggle to match that silly piece of tubing. Yeah I didnt keep the dental part. Guess I should have . All this is coming out of my pocket. About $5500 when I'm done.OUCH!

hope you went for the gold crown since porcelain is really pricey :shock:
if you dont mind me asking what wall size/o.d. are you using?
ive tried some 1 1/4" .065 and it ovals easily with that

Uncle Stretch said:
About $5500 when I'm done.OUCH!

MY GOD!! $5500!!!
WOW!! So that´s the down side of living in America! I´m always complaining about the high prices here, gas is expensive, food, clothes... everything, on the other hand medical services aren't.
I have a friend, he moved to New Zeland a couple of years a go, he had to get a molar pulled out and he had no cover there, he asked around and the dentist charged him $200 only to see what he needed to do! Kept asking and the hole thing would cost around $4000. So, he bought a ticket, visited his family, friends, stayed a couple of weeks during summer, had a great time. He went to the dentist while he was here, full service, spent $300 total. Medical care down here is great and cheap.
To sum up, may be you should take a vacation, its summer time down here, and while your at it, visit the dentist. You´ll get to travel, get a tan, a tooth pulled out and full dental service for the same $5500 :mrgreen:

When I built mine, no tubing roller. I made 9 cuts with the chop saw about 1/2" apart, grinded a V in each cut, and welded it back together. Just not quite as smooth as a tubing roller. I'll get one someday. You're looking good with your start on this one. I'm gonna keep tuned on this build. I like your style. U DA MAN.

100_2135.jpg

sensor said:
hope you went for the gold crown since porcelain is really pricey :shock:
if you dont mind me asking what wall size/o.d. are you using?
ive tried some 1 1/4" .065 and it ovals easily with that
This is 16ga. 1 1/2'' and on a pretty good bend like a 90 degree it too will oval it some. The problem I had was at the end of a bend it will leave a deformed part and I needed a 90 degree going into a straight.It was driving me crazy. The final answer was to buy a 1 1/4'' prebent 90 at Lowe's, that matched my 1 1/2'' and then weld my straight and my curved piece to it. I slid another piece inside to strengthen it. I'm going to get this.

Gdcast I have a bunch of relatives in Mexico and could have run to Monterrey and stayed with my sisterinlaw and had the same work done for about $1500. Something about the killing people ,by the drug dealers kept me from wanting to slip into another country for my dental work. I put this off as long as I could waiting for our health care to become free....almost made it. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Rgallen ,hopefully it should turn out good. I'm not sure what the answer is on a tubing bender or a roller...I have both and they don't magically turn out what you want. I'm am going to try using 1'' tubing and an electricians handbender ,after this and see if it will do any better.

Well its comming right along. Its kinda like when you were little and coloring ...stay in the lines. I got out some ,but hey Its close. Now just to lay it flat on something and tack it together.

fitting002.jpg

Wow, amazing.
Makes me want to attend night school or something, to learn how to do this stuff! :?

Latest posts

Back