Last Shot....With Paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Last Shot

Even though its for my wife she still cries and whines about the residual spray smell. Go figure.....hummm clearcoat in the bathroom...wonder if I could get by with that. You think those scrubbing bubbles would take off overspray?

lots of plastic drop cloths and a box fan to blow out the smell.

I thought about some dropcloths and duct tape and build a small paint booth outside somewhere and heat it up and paint in there. If this silly weather with the rain and cold dosent let up that will be my next plan........but dosent it look cool? Almost a reality. :lol: :lol: I'm so proud....my baby

frameprimeredinside001.jpg

I wish Maddog.....but this is the first one that I have been really proud of. Believe it or not there is alot of work in this one compared to the others that I have built. It impresses even me...maybe because of the design. :shock:

Ok got a break in the rain and the sun came out...so did my spray cans. I painted it the pewter....had all the pazazz of a bowl of oatmeal.....so I went with yellow. But if anybody knows me ....this may or may not end up being the color. Looks like if it stays yellow then the cream Schwalbs are out. I held them up and YUCK!!!!! oh well

yellowchoice001.jpg

I painted the forks pewter and I'm going to do something on the frame with it. Should turn out pretty good :wink:

Uncle Stretch said:
I painted the forks pewter and I'm going to do something on the frame with it. Should turn out pretty good :wink:

You guys could have matching bikes. :wink: :wink:
primer001.jpg

Thats a stock Elgin Clancy and its alot deeper yellow than this one. I don't ride much ,but when I do its on somethin stretched. I think the orange one (mine) and this yellow one (hers) will look good together on a ride.....like a couple Easter Eggs. :lol:

Well maddog I have learned my lesson with picking up fresh painted frames. Especially ones with several coats of paint that looks dry on the outside and then a big chunk will smear over and ruin the paint. I had one chance to paint today. Our weather is going to get bad for the next week ,so there wont be a chance to repaint it if I mess it up. Gee two days ...everybody has waited this long for this silly build. :roll:

Wait till you see it done Sensor ...It will all come together. :wink:
Thats ok Maddog I think I looked once and one of your first posts was giving me a hard time :D I'm use to it now ha ha

Latest posts

Back