Latest DelMar variation: "Fatbobber"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came out way cooler than I expected - removed the stock fenders, rack, seat and bars, mounted red Weinmann rims with black spokes and 3-spd. Nexus, 26 x 3 :shock: Kenda Flames, black Electra Super Deluxe seat, flipped Electra Amsterdam bars, bent seat post, and a whole truckload of attitude.
I can't believe the tires cleared, but I really like the look:

009-6.jpg

007-10.jpg

006-10.jpg

That's KOOL 8)

Notice I used a "k"...that's the cool way :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol: nice bike and i love the clipping! whats that from?

mikesbikes36 said:
man thats a sweet lookin bike !!!!hey did u have 2 do any frame mods 2 get those 3 inch tires in there ? LMK please thnx mike !!

Nope! To be honest, just some careful tightening of the axle nuts so that the wheels stayed aligned in the forks and dropouts. It took a couple of tries to get it perfect, since there is VERY little room, but that was it. I was pretty surprised. 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That's KOOL 8)

Notice I used a "k"...that's the cool way :mrgreen: :lol:

theres another way?

:shock:

sweet bike what a difference i am surprised the fat 26 tires cleared too bet it is close though

Thanks.
Yeah, it's stupid-close, but so far no rubbing at all. They wouldn't fit on any of my old '60s Schwinns, but obviously the newer bikes must be made with wider stays and forks. I'm glad it worked, it's a pretty cool look.

Latest posts

Back