~~Led Zep~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Got a few hours to strip and start the rebuild. For those that don't know this is a very rare X ##### 1935 or '36 Rollfast TriBar Zep Frame with the curved Elgin Robin down tube. I stripped the paint because it wasn't original anyway, only the darts and head tube enamel was and i toook plenty of pics to duplicate them later if it were to be restored. The original HP Snyder sprocket was too worn to retain given I am putting a brand new chain on it and since i plan to ride it I did not want to go out and stretch a new chain. I used this Shelby sprocket instead with near NOS dog leg crank - original (the one that came with the bike when i got it :( ) was bent and not original anyway. Fork is a Westfield one, not an HP Snyder unit, but close enough. I am not trying to restore this, but I am trying to use period correct. The tube joints are very nice as you can see by the close ups. They really built them well back in the day! 8)

RZ1.jpg

RZ2.jpg

RZ3.jpg

RZ4.jpg

RZ5.jpg

RZ6.jpg

RZ7.jpg

RZ8.jpg

A workshop full of bikes, parts and trophies....boy does that look familiar! 8)

Cool build....nice workshop. Love the Foosball workbench :mrgreen:

cool build i just bought 1 last monday that im going to do later on the frames r very cool lines looks good so far enjoy n goodluck :mrgreen: :D

Aaaahh, pictures of Joe's inner sanctum...great place to visit. As a mattter of fact, I have slept in the room. :lol: Wait, no, I'm not kidding.

That is one sweet looking frame. I love the lines. I am keeping this in mind next time I build a frame.

i find it funny that 'stairway to heaven' came on,on my iPod as soon as i clicked on the build :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back