Let the Trike builders unite...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure all the nuts are tight...
Cables%20&%20Controls%204.jpg

Just remembered i have a couple fox tails i bought from Kingfish somewhere. REALLY need to find them for this.

Estonian Fox Tails at that.

"Mommy, there's a bunch of guys on trikes out front...."

3 wheelers unite!
Just had to try that line out, it's alot less scary than I thought!
Carry on with the trike convention.

IF I had a trike, and the resources to do it, I would build something like this. A front wheel drive rear steer tadpole (Kim_dude, I hope you don't mind, I did a very poor paint revision of your original pic. If you take offense I will remove it) I always thought it was a net idea, but never found a trike to try it.

Rg

IF I had a trike, and the resources to do it, I would build something like this. A front wheel drive rear steer tadpole (Kim_dude, I hope you don't mind, I did a very poor paint revision of your original pic. If you take offense I will remove it) I always thought it was a net idea, but never found a trike to try it.

Rg
That's definitely interesting. You'd have to pedal backwards though correct?

That's definitely interesting. You'd have to pedal backwards though correct?
Well, I don't have it ALL figured out yet! Actually, I think you could flip the sprockets to the other side and pedal as usual (I could very easily be wrong about this)

Rg

Possibly, but not on mine since you don't directly drive the drive wheel. The chain turns a shaft which has sprocket which drives the drive wheel.

Well, I don't have it ALL figured out yet! Actually, I think you could flip the sprockets to the other side and pedal as usual (I could very easily be wrong about this)

Rg
I think that would work flip the sprocket and back wheel then everything good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose you could just move the drive side to the other side of the trike and that would work also. Beyond my mechanical abilities though.
Not that hard as was stated above. Flip the axle assembly from right to left and flip the crank the same way. The left side of the trike becomes the right side.

Not that hard as was stated above. Flip the axle assembly from right to left and flip the crank the same way. The left side of the trike becomes the right side.
Except the part where it only drives backwards, unless it is direct drive like a fixie, let me reread your posts!

Except the part where it only drives backwards, unless it is direct drive like a fixie, let me reread your posts!
If you are sitting on the trike the normal way the drive component are all on the right side. Now if you sit on the trike backwards you need to move the drive components to what was the left side. To do this you will take the crank out and turn it over so the chainring is now on the new right side (old left side). Then you would take the wheel off and flip it over just like the crank. Reinstall everything, now it is on the new right side. Get on the trike backwards, pedal normal and it will go backwards. Just ignore that the pedal are behind the wheel.

Of course you are dealing with two rear wheels and two half axles. This makes it more confusing. Everything that is on the right side will go to the left side. Hope that helps clear it up some.

Latest posts

Back