LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres mine. I found it in the woods a few days ago. It was so far under the dirt all I saw was the edge of the seat sticking up. Rusted up solid but makes good yard art. I put the wheels on it

Here us one I got up and running for my sons birthday
Hawthorne Flyer

dyryvyma.jpg

ydudutet.jpg

ty7avasu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine, year unknown, think somewhere in the 40s. Still working on it.

asupupar.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Decided to drag this out and rebuild her. It's a 1968 Hawthorne that with obviously non-original parts. My dad got it for himself in the early '70s, but I used to ride it as well. Time for some serious rat rodding on this thing...
20140723_155506.jpg

Here is starsNbars from Build Off 9. It's my 1938 Hawthorne Twin Bar (5 bar) Monark made bike.
index.php

Little Neutrino Build Off 9

1936 Hawthorne, original frame, forks w/ trusses, chain guard, sprocket, rear wheel and tire! Minwax walnut finish, plexi tank w/ vacuum tubes, cymbals and skinny front wheelset. Modified original handlebars, reupholstered green leather seat and matching army green grips. Rear dropout extension, delta winner w/ leds, bow pedals and 9 hole rear rack....

Carl.

post #188 on page 10 is this bike, the day I got it and joined RRB!

Last edited:
I think I found the bike I used to have as a kid. It was on Craigslist. He is shipping it to me across country. Needs lots of spit and polish, but it looks like it is intact. Got it in 1957 or 1958. Wish I still had the serial number somewhere to compare it to. If I knew how to post a picture, It would be here.
Alice

Here's my '38 Zep that I just got a two days ago. It's mostly original with a different crank, chain ring, bars, and wheels. I plan on taking it all down, redoing all the bearings, paint and riding it. I'll probably put a set of white or red tires. Depending on color combo. Something bright for sure.
20150128_140125.jpg

Here's my '38 Zep that I just got a two days ago. It's mostly original with a different crank, chain ring, bars, and wheels. I plan on taking it all down, redoing all the bearings, paint and riding it. I'll probably put a set of white or red tires. Depending on color combo. Something bright for sure.
20150128_140125.jpg
Sure looks nice from the picture. I would want to ride it the way it is.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back