Let's see those things never meant for a bike on your bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XC204 said:
3" pipe clamps turned into rack ends and truss rod crown. Rear taillight is conduit nut lens is glass machine indicator lens

dscf2113w.jpg

By null at 2010-07-18

NICE RACK! That thing is clean!

Gold Street Customs said:
Here's a couple from my archives,,
64 sears with the 38 Chevy emergency brake handle for a 3 speed shifter
shedone001.jpg

50 Indian with galvanized pipe seat post
berkespics024.jpg
wt size pipe is that?! ive been wondering if this was possible or a while.

Thanks for bubbling this thread back to the top. I had never seen it before.
Here are some contributions from me.

BEER RUN had skateboards, beer bottle, beer cans, bottle operner, plus 100+ other beer parts. Car steering wheel, chandelier tube on steering column, etc.
a10.jpg

More recently it also had pizza screens in the wheels before it was hung at my buddy's restaurant.
IMG_4784.jpg

FUGSLEY has water ski rear rack (and soon front rack too). It also has Harley Davidson motorcycle tires.
WP_000772.jpg

Hood ornament.

IMG_0511.jpg

Wheelchair wheels.

IMG_0428.jpg

Moped frame.

IMG_0458.jpg

And one I've never mentioned on this site, the motorcycle in which I dumped the engine, and turned into a pedal bike using moped parts. NONE of this one is bicycle parts.

IMG_0137.jpg

a messenger bag on my main rider

hoodcruiser001.jpg

hoodcruiser003.jpg

and a diamond on the front axle (no, i can't explain why. if i find more, you'll keep seing it though)

hoodcruiser004.jpg

also been playing with some longtail cargo bike ideas. one with a3 flight bags

clutchcargo003.jpg

and a hardshell golf bag

clutchcargo001-7.jpg

the other is more like a flatbed, but will have a locking trunk, a pivoting samsonite suitcase

bigbottom001-7.jpg

bigbottom002-2.jpg

bigbottom003-1.jpg

my pimpin' handlebars, from some wrough iron looking pieces i picked up at the habitat restore

bikes001-7.jpg

bikes001-9.jpg

my tentative future school colors bike. if i get it worked out in the next couple days, it'll also get a sort of bike hood ornament made from a keychain.

I had an old kickstand that was probably from a 24" that had been put on 40 years earlier so I extended it by drilling an old pool ball. The can is a used paint hardener can which holds 4 C size batteries and has a switch in the cap.
The 8 ball really worked well in sand.
bikes015.jpg

Found both of these in my Dad's barn. About 50 of these old locker tags. Riveted one on the rear fender.
photo1-4.jpg

An old drawer pull, minus the ring, on the front "fender"
photo2-4.jpg

I'm not sure why I didn't post this one earlier on. Sickle blade chainguard. Some farm implement for a rear fender, carb parts, and about 20 lbs of unneccessary steel.
SANY0411Small.jpg

All of these were beautiful bikes. I really dug the rear hub/frontwheel suicide brake. That,and the use of car tail lights. It's also good to see peeps still riding burrito bikes. To the guy who built the drop spindles out of brake shoe backings, I gotta try that myself. I got some scrap steel laying around I think.

Skateboard Grip Tape (with flames cut out) for my water ski rear rack on Fugsley.
IMG_4842.jpg

KC so-cal said:
desktop time, temp,for an instrument panel
ratbike018.jpg

i like this. hard to tell in this pic (i never took a specific pic of it) but there's a piece of square tube welded to the middle of the front handlebar for something similar, but i never worked out what it would be

tandem003-3.jpg

also in relation to the thread, the backrests are from a motorcycle, the thicker foam grips on the rear handlebars is pipe insulation, and the saddlebags are backpacks.

Latest posts

Back