Let's see those things never meant for a bike on your bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took an old MTB a few years ago cut it and added a couple inches just for fun and added a power boost! People think it really does something ? :lol:

a1.jpg

Take your'e average garden hose holder that someone wants to throw out
fender4.jpg

Here is another hint....
fender3.jpg

AND......
fender1-1.jpg

REAR BOBBED FENDER :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
fender2-1.jpg

I haven't cut or sized it yet, but it will be my fender. :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen: 8)

Some great steampunkish items there!!!

I had forgotten about this great thread.

Here is some stuff from Flexy.

Tea pitcher lid for headlight lense (headlight is a 50s fire/police spotlight)
aIMG_8121.jpg

Flask used as number plate as well as battery pack for chainguard lights, Switch is under the cap)
Jigger below too.
aIMG_8038.jpg

Bottom half of cocktail shaker cut to form rear springer cover
aIMG_8045.jpg

Hood ornament from 54 Chevy with the wings cut off and jet wings from 53 Ford hood ornament JBWelded
aIMG_8181.jpg

from my build off bike 8" 2 barrel air cleaner covers as number plates
of course that was before i had seen paint can lids for the same purpose (we need to see some of those listed here)
Side Note: some of the larger 4 barrel air cleaner covers could be used for 20" bikes as moon style wheel covers

th_102_9841.jpg

th_102_9858.jpg

I put a dragon head in the brake bridge
DSCF7285_zps30065dde.jpg
Mafe a shift knob2
DSCF7286_zpseb8828f0.jpg
threaded the end to screw onto whatever i want old glass door knob
DSCF7287_zps6a6adc49.jpg

I must say, I LOVE this thread. I don't have anything on any of my bikes that would qualify them worthy of this peticular thread but man...the ingenuity of the builds shown are incredible. You guys are a inspiration. 8) 8) 8) 8)

My rat headlight, copper bowl, copper mould, insulator, LED light.
vyja9e8e.jpg
e2aqa3e2.jpg
aha6e6u7.jpg

My taillight, copper and brass match holder, insulator, taillight lens, LED flashlight.
6egydujy.jpg
tejuhyny.jpg
ta3ataqu.jpg

Car door handles and sheet aluminum equal faux doors for bicycle.
2ehagape.jpg
myvu8ave.jpg
evysu7y9.jpg
aheza3y5.jpg

Hammered Higgins had a few non bicycle specific parts. Hammers, copper mug, cast iron scroll work were used.
ejy5a8up.jpg
u9eza3an.jpg
qepubeta.jpg
nesyzebu.jpg
ynytuhad.jpg

:mrgreen:
This is Sopan (garbage) that we used to haul trashbags from the workshop to the bin.... a small garden hand trolley and a worthless bike. Small embedded pic is a friends skate bike i made useable for him, skateboard wheels in front, standard rear wheel. fun to ride after i find out how to steer it :roll:

Tinkerbull said:
:mrgreen:
This is Sopan (garbage) that we used to haul trashbags from the workshop to the bin.... a small garden hand trolley and a worthless bike. Small embedded pic is a friends skate bike i made useable for him, skateboard wheels in front, standard rear wheel. fun to ride after i find out how to steer it :roll:

That worthless bike has a pretty cool chainguard.

Latest posts

Back