LETS SEE YOUR ELGINS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one I've been working on little by little:

052.JPG

So I took the bike out for a little photo shoot. It's at the point now where it has what it needs to be a cool rider. Now I guess I'll take it around to shows and look for parts to finish it. I'm in no rush.

df8373cf604e77e027797f7ea99b5b9f-1.jpg

5a2f19c7780c68bd3b2e9d784e07244b-1.jpg

6edf5c9e29bea5db353cd5bfd2806297-1.jpg

7bd7e1757e959962acac2b0e563fb2d9-1.jpg

485b6c3e5183c012c81404e39e3a1679-1.jpg

7d2de2399cdbd78fe92ba3cd5c2c7546-1.jpg

393a2a55077d136e067f8311b03f6a07-1.jpg

Me and my girl had to get a shot with it. She loves this bike as much as I do!

1b6e661dcaa98e050a2854d9f25e57cd-1.jpg

How I received this bike.
09ccd46c87530e1f5d6d2c206b9faf4b-1.jpg

5ce3bd4c47b1911858e17505342cf9dc-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the time has come.
I finally have an Elgin to post about :p
This one is a '26.

Frames been welded on, and thus lost a lot of its desirability among the collecting class has vanished.., but despite my friend [who shall until told different remain nameless] wanting to scrap it., I got the sickness looking at it and had to bring it back.

I've reshaped the fenders, despite a few spots that still need a tap and a bend.,Added seat and Post., lined and reshaped the basket as apposed to scrapping it off. I try to use everything I get with a bike.
[It DID come with the Optional Front Brake in part.. but not enough to be workable, so its been temporarily boxed until I can repair it.]
The whole bike is complete original outside the seat/post and the front wheel/tire. It seems to be an English made wheel, I suspect a Raleigh replacement, but it cam with a neato shiner so I dont mind ;)
The rear hub is a stock Air cooled Musselman 36 hole.
Sweetheart sprocket and my first skiptooth.

Tubes and tires, shes a rider.

elgin1_zpsbu45uc00.jpg

elgin4_zpsax231mj9.jpg

Elgin2_zpswbmzg4ni.jpg

Well, the time has come.
I finally have an Elgin to post about :p
This one is a '26.

Frames been welded on, and thus lost a lot of its desirability among the collecting class has vanished.., but despite my friend [who shall until told different remain nameless] wanting to scrap it., I got the sickness looking at it and had to bring it back.

I've reshaped the fenders, despite a few spots that still need a tap and a bend.,Added seat and Post., lined and reshaped the basket as apposed to scrapping it off. I try to use everything I get with a bike.
[It DID come with the Optional Front Brake in part.. but not enough to be workable, so its been temporarily boxed until I can repair it.]
The whole bike is complete original outside the seat/post and the front wheel/tire. It seems to be an English made wheel, I suspect a Raleigh replacement, but it cam with a neato shiner so I dont mind ;)
The rear hub is a stock Air cooled Musselman 36 hole.
Sweetheart sprocket and my first skiptooth.

Tubes and tires, shes a rider.

elgin1_zpsbu45uc00.jpg

elgin4_zpsax231mj9.jpg

Elgin2_zpswbmzg4ni.jpg
You seem to have a thing for the older ladies? ;)
I would say that bike found it's perfect owner, I have followed along the other bikes you have, and I know you will do this justice! :thumbsup:

Luke.

You seem to have a thing for the older ladies? ;)
I would say that bike found it's perfect owner, I have followed along the other bikes you have, and I know you will do this justice! :thumbsup:

Luke.
Thanks Luke!
I do try to salvage the Mess in others yards.,
This is the coolest save I think I've made so far, even if the Spaceliner was more complete ;)

I own an ELGIN now :eek: just writing it out has me giddy for its finished product.
I sure appreciate the kind words, Luke. Its a blast to sink into the stuff other fellas might have pieced and parted,. I cant wait to drop a Klaxon and a few other things into it to make those purists sick :p:p

Last edited:
Really Nice.. I love the pinstripe work and your take on the front end. The Orange really Pops on that headtube manifold.

I did powder coat it! The frame is RAL 1015 - Light Ivory and the other color is RAL 7016 - Anthracite Gray

I agree.....if I could only find a pair.....that was not like $75.00!!! There is a pair of repops on eBay......guy is out of his mind! :p

Latest posts

Back