Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• sad3.jpg
    sad3.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
A big thank you to Grant for reviving this thread.
I spent the day fixing drywall and painting.
I don’t like either.
I spent the last hour looking at the bikes in this thread and now it’s a good day!
the old path-racer style is to me the most beautiful of bicycles.
I will be building a couple different interpretations up soon. But for now this is as close as I’ve got. And yea it’s a step through, but I like riding it, so I’ll probably even do another step-through version.
65D05C28-7B64-4493-97B7-DA28DD5A3154.jpeg

Comes with cream/brown tires. That's a plus. Going modern will make for less hair pulling caused by compatibility issues than if you go vintage French, British, or Schwinn.

I don't know enough about the quality of Beaumont brand to say much more than that.
From the fuzzy pic it looks like it has forged drops rather than stamped from sheet. That's a good sign.

I see that a lot of components are black paint. Not a bad thing, but chrome/polished metal is more classic to the style, so if you wanted to stick to that exactly then there's a lot of 20-50 dollar parts you'd end up replacing. Those add up.

Comes with cream/brown tires. That's a plus. Going modern will make for less hair pulling caused by compatibility issues than if you go vintage French, British, or Schwinn.

I don't know enough about the quality of Beaumont brand to say much more than that.
From the fuzzy pic it looks like it has forged drops rather than stamped from sheet. That's a good sign.

I see that a lot of components are black paint. Not a bad thing, but chrome/polished metal is more classic to the style, so if you wanted to stick to that exactly then there's a lot of 20-50 dollar parts you'd end up replacing. Those add up.
Yeah I kinda fell in love with this when I was browsing. If I get it I’ll probably keep the parts black, the sprocket looks like the same one I have on my chopper but painted black. I have this vintage modern idea where I want it black instead of chrome. I’d probably convert it to single speed

Caveat.
If you find the right vintage frame, there's potential to get a lot higher quality for your $300 bucks.

But again, always the chance of running into some cascading compatibility issue that winds up costing you even more money.

Yeah I kinda fell in love with this when I was browsing. If I get it I’ll probably keep the parts black, the sprocket looks like the same one I have on my chopper but painted black. I have this vintage modern idea where I want it black instead of chrome. I’d probably convert it to single speed
Just had a browse through the retrospec website.

Kinda annoying they don't make a single speed Baumont. If you're gonna go single anyway, would save you 100 bucks.

Last edited:
Just had a browse through the retrospec webside.

Kinda annoying they don't make a single speed Baumont. If you're gonna go single anyway, would save you 100 bucks.
I know right! I’m just gonna set aside money until I have enough. If something cool and vintage comes up while I’m saving I just might get that instead. I just know I HAVE to make a path racer bike next, my chopper is basically complete, so now I wanna park one of these next to it. This style is just way too cool

Get an old brooks on there, bring those cranks and alu parts up to a polish shine, and ditch the camo for some nice leather or cloth bar tape :cool:
I am really happy with it as of now.

Latest posts

Back