LIBERTY done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE="bikedudeomaha, post: 90828I am just beginning the fun on the rear rack!:headbang:i
Not that beautiful, original rack !:arghh::aggressive::20:o_O:acute:[/QUOTE]
the beautiful, original rear rack is covered in house paint, with vinyl pinstripes.
it is getting the wheel treatment.

minor setback this morning. my chain broke, but it broke right by the master link. perhaps I soaked it too long? anyways I had to go back to the girls Schwinn chain ring...not enough links for the big hawthorn ring. on the plus side, it pedals a lot easier. and no clear coat. going with the gun oil rubdown instead. thanx KJV for the heads up!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

more problems with the chain. broke again:( I think I am going to have to go to a more modern chain system. going to hit some garage sales this morning. look for a bike with a decent hub, or a whole drivetrain.

I think you are right about it just needing a stubby fender and maybe a laidback seatpost.
This is looking sweet. Boiled Linseed oil is another option to coat the bare metal.
Good luck with the drivetrain.

posted in the discussion area, and I will post here too. this is the part I need. 1/2 inch pitch sprocket/cog for a new departure model d. anyone have one for sale or trade? I have 2 of the 1 inch sprocket/cogs.

I have one I would trade, it's a bit rusty, I can dig it out tomorrow after work, pull it off the hub and take a pic...

haven't been idle..just waiting for a sprocket or a wheel set. taped the headbadge on, I like it!:) put a reflector on the bottom of the saddle, found a chainring that fit my Schwinn cranks, attached my eagle directly to the stem. and playin around with my 15 dollar huffy flatbed.:rolleyes: tell ya one thing..no mater how high you lift the seat on those 20 inchers, your knees still hurt..if your a 50 year old like me!!:crazy2::crazy2:

I've got this
6e42ead17b7cf32fc15c4cc63e4d4b42.jpg
it needs a good cleaning
7814cd2fb51063b30c221e8d5639b215.jpg
if you can use it, it's yours. Pm me your address I'll get it to the post office Tuesday, if it's something you can use I'll trade for your skip tooth one, if not just send it back. Oh and your bike looks awesome!

I think you washed your bike with too much hot water. It really shrunk in the last picture!!!!

pm sent many thx!
I've got this
6e42ead17b7cf32fc15c4cc63e4d4b42.jpg
it needs a good cleaning
7814cd2fb51063b30c221e8d5639b215.jpg
if you can use it, it's yours. Pm me your address I'll get it to the post office Tuesday, if it's something you can use I'll trade for your skip tooth one, if not just send it back. Oh and your bike looks awesome!

Latest posts

Back