Little Wing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a suggestion.Wouldn't it be easier if you saved and purchased a angle grinder for yourself?:39: I cut and shape all my parts from a angle grinder.That way you could do anything you want,when you want...
I use any old scrap metal I can find,from car parts/bed frames.other bikes/metal drums...
Here is some pics...
n8145_Fotor_Collage.jpg
n8.jpg
n8170.jpg

This was a 20' rear end ,dropouts wer extended to fit in 26' ...
1x angle grinder + 1x drill...

Your bike looks Fab,excellent work and ideas so far...:113:

I plan to get a workbench made up and get a few powertools, but right now I'm trying to get this bike done before the deadline. So no powertools in the budget yet. I pay the equivalent of 5-10 bucks for cutting and welding work in the shop. Maybe my credit (Utang in the local language) is good.

I plan to get a workbench made up and get a few powertools, but right now I'm trying to get this bike done before the deadline. So no powertools in the budget yet. I pay the equivalent of 5-10 bucks for cutting and welding work in the shop. Maybe my credit (Utang in the local language) is good.
Power to you!!!!:showingbiceps:
Hope you get your rear end sorted and finished for the build...:thumbsup:

I left my dremel and everything back in the states thinking I only would have 220 here, but my rental house is wired for 110 also. I think I will try to get a grinder tomorrow.

The plan for the drop stand/wheelie bar is to get a length of 1/8" flat bar about 3/4" wide. Then attach it to the kickstand with a couple of nuts and bolts. I was going to cut the existing kickstand, but will leave it so I'll have something for my foot to grab when putting the stand up and down. I'm going to make a couple bends in the bar so the stand is 5" wide at the bottom, then look for some skateboard wheels. I didn't like the little ones I have. They will get bolted to the ends of the drop stand and serve as feet and wheelie bar wheels. I was also going to have the stand extend around and bolt up to a plate on the other side like a standard drop stand, but the spring and hardware are strong enough so it won't need to go all the way around, it will just go to where the opposite wheel bolts on. If I change the position of the rear wheel, the stand will still bolt to the axle and fit. That's the plan right now.

dw9e2p.jpg

A Typhoon (not a bike, a storm) just passed over my place yesterday, but I wanted to get something done, so I restored this old binoculars case. It was in a bag under the sink and was mildewed and dried out. I cleaned it then used hand lotion to get it soft again. Waiting for power to be restored. It will be a handlebar bag on Little Wing.

2cfyrya.jpg

Man... the weather is nuts worldwide these days. I heard about that storm. Glad you're okay.

My thoughts are with those that have lost loved ones there. :(

Stay safe.

Glen.

Glad you are okay from the typhoon.
Digging your purse :p

Glad you are okay from the typhoon.
Digging your purse :p
I also need to have a couple eyelets put in, so I can make it detach easily and take it with me when I park out in town.

They also have craftsman here that make leather goods with designs, maybe it can have a set of wings hammered on. I'll have to check on that.

And it's a tool pouch, nothing like a purse at all. Nothing but man things in there. Some grease, a couple of old screwdrivers, beef jerky, used sandpaper, some bottle caps, a dog bone wrench, and some pennies stuck together in the bottom. :13:

So it looks like I won't get half of what I want done in time, and I don't want to call it ready when it's half done. But you never know, it might all come together at the last second.

Latest posts

Back